Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 4, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #55,306 of 153,614
Sell enough units and a MFG is bound to sell a bum one or two. Sell enough units and a few folks will be unhappy -- some rightfully so and others not so much. That's just the way it is. Burson is a fine company and their products are highly regarded, but I'm willing to bet they've shipped a DOA unit or two and have unintentionally ruffled a few customer feathers along the way. It just comes with the territory.

Enjoy your Burson and we will continue to enjoy our Schiit. Perhaps one day I'll add a Burson to my stable and maybe someday you'll reconsider adding a Schiit product to yours. Not many company owners would have jumped in to express their concern and to explain things. Gotta give @Jason Stoddard and Schiit credit for that at least.

All's well that ends well or at the very least ends with a better understanding. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #55,307 of 153,614
Don’t let this exchange leave a bad taste about Burson guys. It is a good company with great customer service. I’ve owned their Soloist which is a pretty good discrete amp. Little high on distortion but very euphonic with amazing soundstage. Did not have enough slam for me though.

Schiit, Burson and Jds Labs are all good reputable companies that stand behind their products and I’m speaking from personal experience. The best bang for the buck out of all these are definitely Schiit products taking into account the fact that they are not off the shelf op-amp based designs. Even the entry level products such as the Modi/Magni are not gimped in any significant way sonically, functionally or aesthetically compared to their higher end offerings.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #55,308 of 153,614
I understand and appreciate all that, but as a hobbyist, at some point it stops being fun and that’s when it’s time to start fresh. I’m sure it was just bad luck, but that’s the way it happened and the whole thing left me feeling less than confident. Obviously, I picked the wrong thread to air my dissatisfaction, but so be it.

I'd argue that this was the right thread to air your dissatisfaction - provided your Nomex blanket was handy.
Your concerns were heard and responded to by one of the owners of the company. It doesn't get more direct than that.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #55,309 of 153,614
All these talk about Burson got me curious about the company. So i looked up their website and this is the first things I saw (i hope its the correct website)

“Burson is the difference between hearing music and experiencing it.”

And damn! I dare not read further down the webpage.

I know nothing about Burson btw nor its products.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #55,310 of 153,614
Don’t let this exchange leave a bad taste about Burson guys.

No worries, but this exchange reminded me why I left Lawn Guyland many years ago and don't miss the attitude there. :smirk_cat:

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #55,311 of 153,614
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #55,312 of 153,614
Just got the February issue of Stereophile.

Ragnarok Redux is front page news.:ksc75smile:

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #55,313 of 153,614
Sorry for the noise Jason. I was under the impression what was being discussed was the Lyr 3. My fault. Wanted to prevent misinformation being spread.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Don't be sorry for pointing out that this is not the place to address customer issues.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #55,314 of 153,614
FE9B2995-885D-4BCE-ADE3-C6FD0F462D4C.jpeg
I bought this lovely power bank today. It makes a great Schiit weight.

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #55,317 of 153,614
Don't be sorry for pointing out that this is not the place to address customer issues.

Is that what he was doing? Sure fooled me. Please point me to where he said anything if the sort, I missed it. My initial comment was that the whole op amp vs discrete showdown is old news. I regret the gratuitous ‘customer complaint’ comment, to the extent it caused the thread to go sideways for reasons which still elude me.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #55,320 of 153,614
I thought you said you were leaving? Or did I misunderstand you?

Unless I get misrepresented. I will continue to be here to defend myself. I’m like beetlejuice; keep talking about me, I’ll keep appearing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back