Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 15, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #53,507 of 151,488
I got an iPhone through work and Apple watch is tempting, but I can’t let my Speedmaster go, and wearing two watches would look silly.

Speedmasters are nice, but look a bit heavy to wear on the wrist... :ksc75smile:
9D214A6A-F900-4668-A754-20E594D5ACC3.png

https://triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/classics/bonneville/2018/speedmaster/variants/speedmaster

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #53,508 of 151,488
In other words:

Depending on the age of the Modi Multibit, there is an 8-pin DIP with different DSP code on it. If yours has a sticker on it, it's the new firmware. If it doesn't, you can contact amy@schiit.com and she can sell you the new one if you're interested.

Upgrade will cost you $249 + shipping and you get to keep the old firmware.

The differences were more subtle than I think anyone expected... the vocals on a Beatles song ... the Zeppelin song ...
No wonder Multibit™ didn’t shine in comparison - you were listening to noise

OK, now I’ll slowly back off and hide in my cave. :deadhorse:

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #53,509 of 151,488
Yep, we did, and I think the general impression was positive. I listened for a while myself, because the final production qualifier is being shared between us a bit. Sorry, no more detailed impressions. The main thing is that people seem to like it and the production qualifiers have all been reliable...so we're moving ahead to production.
That sounds wonderful!

If so, commercial product will be available before the end of this year?

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #53,515 of 151,488
it's on the back panel and set vertically on the right side between a few toggle switches on mine

what is marked on the sticker on the outside? thought the sticker to indicate the latest version of Modi Multibit firmware would be on the inside, atop the 8-pin DIP eprom chip

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #53,516 of 151,488
Depending on the age of the Modi Multibit, there is an 8-pin DIP with different DSP code on it. If yours has a sticker on it, it's the new firmware. If it doesn't, you can contact amy@schiit.com and she can sell you the new one if you're interested.

@Jason Stoddard was there a similar firmware update for (original gen) Bifrost Multibit?

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #53,520 of 151,488
Jason, did you mean inside the box or outside? I would suspect that the outside label would state in some code what version of firmware was loaded when manufactured.
Inside the box. Jason said, "Depending on the age of the Modi Multibit, there is an 8-pin DIP with different DSP code on it. If yours has a sticker on it, it's the new firmware."

The 8-pin DIP (Dual In-line Package) is the socketed chip highlighted here. The sticker would be on the chip. The update is to pull the chip out of the socket and insert the new one.

modi_multi_pcb_top(1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back