Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #53,236 of 151,785
And all along I was thinking those were G-strings snipped off your old underwear. I like the cable tie idea better. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Lmao!
I had a few different ideas on cable management but went with this for right now.
I made a bunch of interconnects with some high purity copper Belden microphone cable, high stand count as well. I will take it any day over some of the magic potions I hear about on occasion.

Oh and I had to repair a Freya remote earlier today, it is well constructed but my daughter’s kitten tried to see how well it bounced off a tile floor. A solder pad broke loose under the LED but an easy fix.
B9C3C888-2242-4499-BBE6-08F127450354.jpeg

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #53,237 of 151,785

Those are just nylon ties but used in a specific pattern. Cheap and quick to disconnect. I learned about it from an auto mechanic who used it for spark plug wires. There is a long wire tie wrapped around all cables, then individual ties in between. I just realized the junction of the long tie does not show in the photos
If you would be so kind as provide sequential photos of how that is done, I would appreciate it.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #53,238 of 151,785
Nov 9, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #53,241 of 151,785
How about a video?

That shows it and saves me a bit of work.

I keep four different sizes of nylon ties in my shop for such things.

I kept interconnects in pairs so some look a little different.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #53,242 of 151,785
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #53,243 of 151,785
Lmao!
I had a few different ideas on cable management but went with this for right now.
I made a bunch of interconnects with some high purity copper Belden microphone cable, high stand count as well. I will take it any day over some of the magic potions I hear about on occasion.

Oh and I had to repair a Freya remote earlier today, it is well constructed but my daughter’s kitten tried to see how well it bounced off a tile floor. A solder pad broke loose under the LED but an easy fix.

I can't afford that many cable ties. I'll just have to keep slumming with these. Only needed 11 of them to get all the interconnects and power cords properly routed and separated. Oh, I mean for the HP system. The big rig needed about twice that many.

ROFL!!!!

upload_2019-11-9_20-7-32.png

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #53,244 of 151,785
I can't afford that many cable ties. I'll just have to keep slumming with these. Only needed 11 of them to get all the interconnects and power cords properly routed and separated. Oh, I mean for the HP system. The big rig needed about twice that many.

ROFL!!!!

How do you find such things and why do they sell them? I guess they need to make serious money to do enough marketing to convince an occasional sucker, er customer to buy them.

I do have some locking wire keepers I will try to show tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #53,245 of 151,785
How do you find such things and why do they sell them? I guess they need to make serious money to do enough marketing to convince an occasional sucker, er customer to buy them.
Somebody must buy these things, but I'm not one of those somebodies. Think how many Fotons I could buy with that much money! I guess these are so expensive because the height is adjustable, and we all know how important it is to have all cables perfectly level for best sound. Can't have gravity negatively affecting the flow of electrons. LOL!

I do have some locking wire keepers...

To prevent pilferage? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #53,246 of 151,785
Meanwhile, for the context of just Schiit products, is an optical signal converted to coaxial with a normal SPDIF converter just as good as a coaxial signal, or still the same as an optical signal albiet carried by a coaxial cable?

Asking as I can foresee computers still remaining on optical, which means if they want to use the coaxial in of Schiit products, they will need such products and I am unsure if this will degrade the signal or not

Nov 10, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #53,247 of 151,785

ROFL!!!!

From Furutech website
"... NCF features a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared ..."

I wonder how long takes before it runs out of negative charge ?
(or do you have to keep rubbing it) :scream_cat:
Black body radiation, at any temperature your cables are likely to be at, is in the far infrared anyhoo, so ..? :persevere:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #53,248 of 151,785
From Furutech website
"... NCF features a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared ..."

Black body radiation at any temperature your cables are likely to be at is in the far infrared anyhoo, so ..? :persevere:

“far infrared” is a bit too hot for my electrons... They don’t like to be pushed around that hard and will often complain.

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #53,249 of 151,785

Those are just nylon ties but used in a specific pattern. Cheap and quick to disconnect. I learned about it from an auto mechanic who used it for spark plug wires. There is a long wire tie wrapped around all cables, then individual ties in between. I just realized the junction of the long tie does not show in the photos

Hehe, I've been doing that with spark plug wires since the early 90's. Was a cheap, easy way to keep them separated and away from headers etc...

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #53,250 of 151,785
From Furutech website

Black body radiation at any temperature your cables are likely to be at is in the far infrared anyhoo, so ..? :persevere:

All I know about electricity is that it’s blue and it hurts, but that sounds a bit rich even to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back