1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. tincanear
    @Jason Stoddard for Jotunheim R, a couple of questions:
    Q1 is the performance of the balanced vs SE inputs identical? I have Bifrost Multibit currently, so would Bifrost2 running balanced out provide a significant improvement?
    Q2 what is the approx. input impedance of the balanced input? will these work well with Yggdrasil GS or would Yggdrasil A2 be more suited (if I go TOTL Yggdrasil)?
    Q3 is Jotunheim R a current source? in other words will having power on and no load attached make for instability?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. Smithington
    :deadhorse::deadhorse:
    It's true, cars from truly British msnufacturers have always felt home made and have required the owner to learn basic mechanics / auto electics.

But c'mon, each nation brings something unique and seemingly bizarre to the automotive industry. Until recently, the rest of us have been wondering what goes on in an American engine, for all that displacement, there's not been an abundance of horsepower.

3. ScubaMan2017
    @Jason Stoddard ... please... consider selling furniture for your gear. I like showcasing my listening nook with its stack to unsuspecting guests. :)

bcowen likes this.
  4. bcowen
    Alright, that's it. I'm ordering purple sleeve today. No way you win this easily. But the purple may clash with the green....perhaps I should get a complementary color, like pink or something that @Ripper2860 would love...

:relaxed:

Darthpool and Paladin79 like this.
  5. bcowen
    A few days? Not nearly impulsive enough. You should work on that. :relaxed:

Seriously, be interested to hear what you think of the Omens once you get them. My next upgrade will likely be to the Tekton Double Impacts, but I still have a lot of curiosity on the Zu's.

unsane69 likes this.
  6. bcowen
    ROFL!!

Old Deaf Donkey likes this.
  7. Paladin79
    This is nothing, I may be building a one of a kind, special audio device that will probably cause you to abandon your hi fi hobby and take up ice sculpting or hog calling or chain saw juggling. You will rue the day you swiped my idea for a mini rack @bcowen, well maybe not but it is not often I get to use the term "rue the day." :ksc75smile:

Darthpool and bcowen like this.
  8. bcowen
    Is it as bad as this? If not, you're fine. :smile:

Spaghetti.jpg

9. bcowen
    I'm allergic to day rue-ing, so as soon as you post a picture of it I'll just copy it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. bcowen
    Your advice on the USB connectors is spot on, as they are a gargantuan PITA to solder, even with better-than-newbish soldering skills. I speak from experience. :grimacing:

11. KoshNaranek

12. bcowen
    When it comes to USB connectors, patience and time are a given. An advanced degree in voodoo and several years of practice snatching pebbles from the hand are prerequisites as well. :smiley:

13. Paladin79
    That is nearly true, USB A-B are not bad to build, it is the mini and micro connectors that can be a pain, and they are not very rugged and I am not happy with the results thus far but I have only tried three or four brands.

Darthpool likes this.
  14. callumrd1
    Do you mind sharing some links to the connectors that you prefer? I've been having trouble finding quality USB connectors.

15. Paladin79
    Well as the majority of the world's connectors come out of China these days (even Canare has a factory there now) those are what I use. I have some nickel plated that can be had through Digikey that are pretty good, I will have to look those up Monday but here are some I would trust whose price is good and they are gold plated. We have not had one fail yet and my people have built them for 1.5 years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Sets-USB2...489278?hash=item3d55eb4dbe:g:QroAAOSw3ydV5qsm

Having one of these around can help a bit, and they are not expensive:

https://www.amazon.com/MakerHawk-Mu...32?keywords=usb+tester&qid=1573313949&sr=8-32

There are several models available from about $10 up.

I have a feeling you will be asking about cable next. :smile_phones:

yonson and Darthpool like this.