Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 28, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #52,592 of 150,815
I don't know, am I? :ksc75smile:

A friend of mine saw him in concert a couple years ago. She figured she since she enjoys his music, she should see him whenever she can since she expects him to maybe not be around for long given his lifestyle. Then again, I am sure lots of people felt the same about people like Steve Tyler.

Nice!! What did you get, besides the SYS?

Based on the labels on the box, I am guessing Asgard, 230 V, Euro style plug, and Bifrost, 230 V, Euro style plug (with remote).

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #52,593 of 150,815
Nice!! What did you get, besides the SYS?

Hi, Yeah, Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2, i will use Sys to switch the Dac signal to Asgard 3 or Woo Wa 2 :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #52,595 of 150,815
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #52,596 of 150,815
You don't need the SYS. You can just use one splitter, like the one on the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-a...ioquest+1+male+2+female&qid=1572282513&sr=8-3

I e-mailed schiit and they said it was ok to use a adapter like this.

I wouldn't use a splitter to combine two inputs, which is what Pedro wants to do. I've used them to split outputs with no problems though.

PioBeer said:
Anyone try out the Asgard 3 yet? Are we talking very noticeable SQ improvement over Magni? I'm about ready to push the button on it, so just need a "push" myself.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-asgard-3-impressions-thread.914012/

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #52,597 of 150,815
Anyone try out the Asgard 3 yet? Are we talking very noticeable SQ improvement over Magni? I'm about ready to push the button on it, so just need a "push" myself.
differences may be more or less apparent depending on which generation Magni you are comparing against (Magni3 has 2 Watts / channel & a gain switch, earlier ones have fewer features), the headphones you are using (e.g. power hungry Audeze or HiFiMan planars), as well as source, and more importantly your ears. Asgard 3 at $199 is a real good deal for the hardware (ALPS RK27 potentiometer/ volume control has better left/right balance especially a lower volume settings, beefy transformer & caps in the power supply, etc) that's in it.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #52,599 of 150,815
@jnak00 & @nerone

Well, i think Sys was the best option for me, it can switch the dac signal, gives me a extra volume control (that i won't will really use), but also give me something very useful, i can use the switch as "Mute button" :)

IMG_5552q.jpg

When i did my Ikea Kallax hack, i forget about the Schiit on/off buttons location, and its a bit difficult reach the back and turn them on/off.
Do you guys know if its ok leave them always on, and use one of this solutions to shut everything down?

EU-RF-Socket-Plug-Wireless-Control-Smart-Socket-Power-Outlet-RF433-Remote-Control-Turn-On-Off.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #52,603 of 150,815
Oct 28, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #52,604 of 150,815
@jnak00 & @nerone

Well, i think Sys was the best option for me, it can switch the dac signal, gives me a extra volume control (that i won't will really use), but also give me something very useful, i can use the switch as "Mute button" :)

When i did my Ikea Kallax hack, i forget about the Schiit on/off buttons location, and its a bit difficult reach the back and turn them on/off.
Do you guys know if its ok leave them always on, and use one of this solutions to shut everything down?

I would recommend moving the schiit stack of Asgard3 atop Bifrost2 to the top shelf (give the amp some air space above for cooling) and maybe place the headphone stand in front of the schiit stack / woo amp. I have the Asgard2 and Bifrost (original gen) placed side by side for best cooling, but powered continuously (on surge / multi-stage filtered power strip). 5 year warranty means that Jason and team believe in the durability of their gear. Plus if it burns up in 6 years, it will give us an excuse to get the latest-and-greatest then as replacements (upgrade) :wink: Bifrost2 being a multibit DAC will benefit from being left on all the time (Mike Moffat (aka Baldr) recommends keeping multibit DACs always on for thermal stability).

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #52,605 of 150,815
Hi @tincanear , thanks for your advice.
In my previous pictures you cant notice, but Asgard 3 still have 3 cm on top for cooling, isnt that enought?
I need keep the top shelf free, and reserved for Sol probably :sun_with_face:.
IMG_5623.jpg

@Rensek i was looking around and i think i already found a nice solution, "power manager BOOS RC5 " (theres also the RC7 with 7 sucko ports)

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 00.21.02.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back