Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #52,577 of 150,471
Not too shabby. I prefer Tool ... :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #52,578 of 150,471
Seriously: To each their own. Not my thing*, but obviously there's something I'm missing as he has many fans. My dig was intended more for @bcowen since he is not shy about throwing barbs my way.

But to @Ableza 's point (paraphrased): "...must not have listened to his work on a good system before."

This likely explains your lack of appreciation.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #52,579 of 150,471
I don't know, am I? :ksc75smile:

One of my favorites. And this too:

upload_2019-10-27_16-51-0.png

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #52,580 of 150,471
No system, no matter how good is going to make that raucous noise sound like Neil Diamond. :p

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #52,581 of 150,471
Oct 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #52,582 of 150,471
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #52,583 of 150,471
Yes -- the GS is VERY intriguing. I'm actually working towards buying a 2nd Bifrost 2 -- this one for my 2-channel rig. If I had not already bought one Bifrost 2 for my HP rig, I would likely have taken the $$$ for 2 of them and put it towards the (Not gonna call it Yggy) GS. The fact that I was impressed enough with Bifrost 2 to contemplate and likely procure another should say something about how I feel about Bifrost 2. :wink:
@Ripper2860 can you tell me why you won't call the GS a 'Yggy'-it most certainly IS per Schiit The Computer Audiophile and others all it is is an Analog 1 which apparently MAY sound a 'little' less better than an Analog 2-- I'll let you know when mine arrives with new Rggy 2(just the amp) and mated with just hand built Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors( your opinion on these monitors would be appreciated) bobbmd

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #52,584 of 150,471
@bobbmd: Because Jason and others here are not appreciative of the use of nicknames. I know the GS a legit Y*******l with an A1 board, however since calling the Schiit TOTL DAC product Yggy is frowned upon, I thought I would mention that I was NOT calling it Yggy and since I don't feel comfortable typing its proper name (and too lazy to search and copy-paste), I simply chose to state that I was not using its nickname while referring to its nickname in a rather discrete / coy / off-hand manner.

Got it? Good! Because I'm more confused after having typed this. :confused:

I'm afraid that I am not familiar with those monitor speakers. And excellent choice in Ragnarok 2 (I'm not calling it a RAG 2). Based on what I have read, I suspect that you will be very pleased.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #52,585 of 150,471
@bobbmd: Because Jason and others here are not appreciative of the use of nicknames. I know the GS a legit Y*******l with an A1 board, however since calling the Schiit TOTL DAC product Yggy is frowned upon, I thought I would mention that I was NOT calling it Yggy and since I don't feel comfortable typing its proper name (and too lazy to search and copy-paste), I simply chose to state that I was not using its nickname while referring to its nickname in a rather discrete / coy / off-hand manner.

Got it? Good! Because I'm more confused after having typed this. :confused:

I'm afraid that I am not familiar with those monitor speakers. And excellent choice in Ragnarok 2 (I'm not calling it a RAG 2). Based on what I have read, I suspect that you will be very pleased.
@Ripper2860 nicely said-- I have to look up the spellings also and I don't particularly like those nicknames either and I can't wait-still can't believe my CFO allowed me to do this and at my age this is probably my LAST system-I promised her to KISS got rid of an AVR a SACD/DVD-A/DVD/CD changer CBSW(H Kloss's last company) towers model 6's satellites and bass manager HER living room is pristine now hope my SQ will be
bobbmd

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #52,586 of 150,471
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #52,587 of 150,471
Ya know once the cat is out of the bag…
Trying to herd them back in is an exercise in ___ (fill in the descriptor of your choice).

Just say'n is all…

JJ

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #52,588 of 150,471
There could be some used EITR's appearing as people upgrade to the Bifrost 2 (which would make the EITR unnecessary). Not that I know of anyone specifically that would do that... :relaxed:

Actually I was thinking about using the USB hub first, and then going straight for the Biifrost 2 once other things get sorted out
Of course, if the price is right, I may get an used Eitr/Wyrd :wink:

I have both Eitr and Wyred. What I really like about Eitr is that it can take any USB outputting audio device and separate the crappy USB power from your audio system. It had a more dramatic effect on my system than Wyred. When Jason announced that Eitr and Wyred were going to go away he also stated that we wouldn't see a Unisen (Unison??) version of it.

I use Eitr with my Sonore MicroRendu and the package makes a good digital transport.. Meaning I can use any DAC with a Coax Input regardless of the dacs USB implementation. I basically bought the Eitr instead of sending in my Gumby for the V5 USB. I don't think that you would regret having an Eitr around to use even if you went away from your PC. If I upgrade my Gumby to Unison when it is available I will probably pair my Eitr with a new Raspberry Pi4 (running Volumio) and use it at my Television for music.

Sounds good, I did consider Eitr initially but at that point of time, my computer could do coaxial out directly so I KIV'ed it. But now with Unison USB coming out but yet my computer not being able to do coaxial out directly (and thus needing to use USB), I'm kinda in a dillemma lol.

Both appear to be excellent choices, although I am a big fan of TP-link. :wink:

Thanks, I went with the TP-Link model after checking out some reviews about both models. It's mainly to do with the LEDs and functions

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #52,590 of 150,471
Looks like my first pile of schiit just arrived! :ksc75smile:
Time to unbox and enjoy!

IMG_5545.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back