Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #50,567 of 150,567
No. What constitutes a reasonable price is not dependent on the customer. A reasonable price for a product would be a fair price for what the product is, regardless of how much that price is. This applies to commodities and to retail goods. Just because someone can’t afford something does not mean its price is not reasonable. If someone can’t afford something, it would not be reasonable for them to buy it. But that is different than the price being unreasonable. This is not a small nor subtle difference from what you said.

giphy.gif

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #50,568 of 150,567
Oh, I am sorry for coming on here and suggesting that Sol was not unreasonably priced.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #50,569 of 150,567
A Word like affordable does wonders:ksc75smile:

And I agree. I have no interest in vinyl, and the related paraphernalia, at this point in my personal system. That being said, it appears that SOL is a turntable with features found only on more expensive models. I leaf through magazines and see the turntables and cartridges in the market place.

For me, an affordable alternative would be a good used TT, with a good cartridge. If I owned more than one LP, it would intrigue me and it would be a Reasonable investment. In the Schiit ecosystem, there are a couple of products which sell for a price much smaller than what one would reasonably pay...Vali 2, Modi MB being two glowing examples. I cannot claim this as an original idea, but I tell people my DAC is worth $500, but Schiit always has it on 50% off sale.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #50,570 of 150,567
Oh, I am sorry for coming on here and suggesting that Sol was not unreasonably priced.

I'm just messing with you man. If you must know, I've had a surprise holiday foisted upon me this week so today I'm letting loose for a bit and seeing what trouble I can stir up for poops and giggles. The Sol is FANTASTIC value for the money and If I was into Vinyl again I would have bought one, but those days have passed.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #50,571 of 150,567

The price is fine, especially considering how much time and labor goes into a first offering of any product. It is never easy to compete against other companies who have been building an item for years and probably have better buying power on specific parts. They might also have pieces made outside the US as other Audio companies often do.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #50,578 of 150,567
Sep 9, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #50,580 of 150,567
No one should be bullied into excuses after a reasonable reminder of common manners in posting.

I believe the word "reasonable" is the culprit.

Soon I will built a couple more purple cables as gifts, using the same fabric as yours Pietro, it seems to get attention. By the way I really liked the Rosso di Montalcino. I have purchased a few more bottles of the 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back