Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #48,601 of 150,451
Looking at the Niles website. I love their High Performance Rock Loudspeaker.

Haven't seen it on anybody's signature :). Somebody needs to try it on an Aegir or Vidar. It actually needs a bit of oomph (4 ohm impedance, 88 db sensitivity).
A few of those scattered about the garden would be just the thing for background music during a summer evening cocktail party... :)

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #48,604 of 150,451
Nice dress.

The show on TV is actually From the Earth to the Moon. Decided to watch it in the honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Highest recommendations for the show, in case someone hasn’t seen it yet.

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #48,605 of 150,451
I know this is off-topic but I'd just like to say the Fulla is great Schiit.
I've used it in a variety of situations, using all the input and output combinations (input: line, usb output: var/fixed line out, headphones).
I was using it this morning as a usb dac -> line out as a music source for background outdoor music from an android mobile phone with dead audio out.
When I was restoring it to it's usual function as a headphone amp for my TV I found myself thinking this is one useful piece of Schiit!

I love cheese and I love beer I love coffee I love cats I love dogs... Now where were we.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #48,606 of 150,451
The show on TV is actually From the Earth to the Moon. Decided to watch it in the honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Highest recommendations for the show, in case someone hasn’t seen it yet.
You bet! We have the DVD set. Last time we watched, the segment of designing the LEM blew me away ... technical thinking outside the box!

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #48,607 of 150,451
Looking at the Niles website. I love their High Performance Rock Loudspeaker.

Haven't seen it on anybody's signature :). Somebody needs to try it on an Aegir or Vidar. It actually needs a bit of oomph (4 ohm impedance, 88 db sensitivity).

Man...I'd be all-in if they made a High-Performance Blues Loudspeaker! :wink:

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #48,608 of 150,451
Whaddaya mean "enough cats"!? :cat:

Nice doggy! :grin:
The British love their medium to small dogs. Oxford? Greenwich? Canterbury? Penzance? During our travels, I was able to get my fur fix. And inside the restaurants, no less! Cats? Few and far between.

Our not a cat, Tinker.

Thomas was reading over my shoulder and said he is a cat-chaser, but who isn't ?
Solid 10-4, on that. In Penzance, I met my first (German Sheppard) X (King Poodle) cross. Damn! For me, my future dog needs to be a big goofball. Either a lab/poodle cross or a full on Golden lab. No sheep dogs for me!
Thanks for the link, eh.
There is a craft brewery not too far from me called Otway Estate. I did a one day brewing course a few years back. One of the interesting things I learned was that they supplied the used up grains from the wort/mash to a local pig farm as the pigs loved it. Said pig farm then supplied them with a ready for the spit pig each xmas for their staff party. Apparently, the piggie was very tasty. :)
Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder. :ksc75smile:
I've used it in a variety of situations, using all the input and output combinations (input: line, usb output: var/fixed line out, headphones).
I was using it this morning as a usb dac -> line out as a music source for background outdoor music from an android mobile phone with dead audio out.
When I was restoring it to it's usual function as a headphone amp for my TV I found myself thinking this is one useful piece of Schiit!

I love cheese and I love beer I love coffee I love cats I love dogs... Now where were we.
We're exactly where we should be (or something to that effect). Damn, I hope we get some product reveals in September....

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #48,609 of 150,451

My wife and I streamed the entire series (2 episodes per evening) leading up the 20th and watched "First Man" on the 20th. Living in Maryland does have it's perks. A friend and I caught the CNN special preview of "Apollo 11" in IMAX at the National Air & Space museum | Udvar-Hazy Center. There were many times I commented to my friend, "This is real, not CGI"

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #48,610 of 150,451

I have the original DVDs (now with my step-son) and just got - last week, they were late out of production - the newly remasters BluRay version. It is hard to cover the difference that the remastering has created. If you can watch it on the BlueRay version, I highly recommend it.

Cheers

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #48,612 of 150,451

LOL...Off-topic in this thread......

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #48,613 of 150,451
Constanza sniffing out DIY snake oil.

Annotation 2019-07-27 151947.jpg

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-07-27 151947.jpg
    Annotation 2019-07-27 151947.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #48,614 of 150,451
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #48,615 of 150,451
Ok, I'll bite. What's the silver box with red sides?
Earth. Ground.
Solid aluminium.
Attached to a very deep copper ground rod.
Too much time, free materials and use of machinery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back