Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #47,912 of 150,417
Paul McGowen does this exactly the way you propose now.
I like it very much and like you he knows how to bring audio across without a manufacturers arrogance on his own business.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sharanelani/featured

I agree that Paul's approach over at PS Audio is very inviting, not intimidating and his answers to questions asked in letters from all over the World allows him to explain some very complex concepts in an easy for the regular person to understand manner. Bill Leebans edits his monthly magazine, and Paul writes a daily email newsletter.
Despite PS Audio and Schiit Audio being on the polar opposites of the price scale in audio, I have never felt belittled by Paul's comments, because I cannot afford his products (with the exception being a Class-D integrated amp with everything in one box for $599). I love mySchiit and promote it every chance I get, but I really would like to better understand some of the Evolutionary progress that you are making in the Affordable Audiophile marketplace. For example, the technician who conducted my check-up on my heart pacemaker shared that with a new baby, headphones plugged into his laptop was his "stereo". I said that if he would be interested, I would loan him my Modi 2 and Magni 3, and see if it would be better for his listening. That was not necessary, after our appointment together, he ordered the Modi/Magni just based on my simple explanation of how it would make his laptop sound like a full-size stereo. I was not familiar with the versatility of a Fulla, or I would save him the extra $99. I knew he would appreciate Schiit, like the headphones, he said he had been clearly top-shelf.

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #47,913 of 150,417
If someone is a music lover who appreciates good sound (but not necessarily an audiophile) and wants to buy some equipment that will last them a number of years without having to upgrade or fuss with it, the Modi Multibit (or Modi 3) + Magni 3 is hard to beat. Throw in an Eitr and you have a mid-fi system that wasn't possible 10 years ago. :smile_phones:

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #47,914 of 150,417
I also left out cynical and self-critical because I thought everybody would understand that by implication.
Oh well... I still have to learn so much.

I have a hunch that if we met in person we would find our sense of humor quite similar. I try to be conservative with mine here simply because the written word alone doesn't serve our style of humor well IMO. I made an exception for you though. :)

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #47,915 of 150,417
Lots of good input here!

I think there's something here, but there are a number of logistical issues to work out, including how we keep the questions going, and how NOT to turn it into a "recommend a Schiit component" shill vlog. I'll be the first to tell people that they should really shy away from our stuff until they have their preferred transducers picked out (and even then they may not need anything from us), but how do you take it from there? How do you handle technical questions about measurements, or engineering and ideological issues like "why tubes?"

I'm not trying to talk myself out of this idea, I'm just trying to make it as useful and impartial as I can.

You should call it 'How Schiit Works'

have you thought about video hosting? Would this be a youtube series? privately hosted on your website? guest appearances?

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #47,916 of 150,417
You should call it 'How Schiit Works'

have you thought about video hosting? Would this be a youtube series? privately hosted on your website? guest appearances?

+1 for 'How Schiit Works' a "SchiitFerBrainz" productions.
I would be happy to hear Mike explain how a Super-duper Mega Burrito Filter gets so much more information out of a 16/44 music file, than any other DAC.

I know, I know--it involves Norse Mythology and only other Deadheads will understand...

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #47,917 of 150,417
+1 for 'How Schiit Works' a "SchiitFerBrainz" productions.
I would be happy to hear Mike explain how a Super-duper Mega Burrito Filter gets so much more information out of a 16/44 music file, than any other DAC.

I know, I know--it involves Norse Mythology and only other Deadheads will understand...

There must be a way to also include the term "Schiits 'n' Giggles" :ksc75smile:

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #47,918 of 150,417
I have a hunch that if we met in person we would find our sense of humor quite similar. I try to be conservative with mine here simply because the written word alone doesn't serve our style of humor well IMO. I made an exception for you though. :)
Then keep going. We do need some humor here.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #47,920 of 150,417
OMG!! Schiit is dumping digital and becoming and analog only company!!! :astonished:

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #47,921 of 150,417
If someone is a music lover who appreciates good sound (but not necessarily an audiophile) and wants to buy some equipment that will last them a number of years without having to upgrade or fuss with it, the Modi Multibit (or Modi 3) + Magni 3 is hard to beat. Throw in an Eitr and you have a mid-fi system that wasn't possible 10 years ago. :smile_phones:

+1 ... and, don't forget the Loki :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #47,922 of 150,417
+1 ... and, don't forget the Loki :)

Loki is really awesome. I use one daily at my office. I'm considering getting another for home..

I'd really like to see an integrated amp, that is half or a third of the power of Vidar, SE only, with a built in Loki, and modi 3 or mimby, plus the stepped attenuator off of saga, all in one chassis.

@Jason Stoddard , hypothetically speaking, what would something like that cost? 5-600?

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #47,925 of 150,417
Who is Bragi?
Bragi is the God of both poetry and music in Norse mythology, he is the son of the God Odin and the giantess Gunnlod. Bragi is very wise, and he is known for his wisdom he is very creative with words and he also has the most knowledge of poems and songs. His name Bragi means “Poet” and comes from the word “Bragr” which means “Poetry” the Vikings called their poets bragamen or bragawoman.

Bragi has a very long beard, and as strange as it sounds he has runes carved on his tongue. He is married to the beautiful Goddess of youth Iðunn, and they live together in Asgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back