Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #46,669 of 155,196
As of next week, I will know the answer on the platters, too, which in the past were definitely great as fruit bowls or perhaps as frisbees for your mecha dog, but were not flat enough to, well, work like a platter should.
Can I order a bowl for Constanza?

May 18, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #46,670 of 155,196
Black and Silver! Awesome!

May 18, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #46,671 of 155,196
Thanks for the update Jason...cant wait to replace my turner with your SOL. Any news on release date for Ragnarok 2?

Unless something very unexpected happens, we'll be shipping Ragnarok 2s this month. The first articles were in last week, and I approved them. So we're just waiting for boards.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 18, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #46,673 of 155,196
I use the HiFiBerry HAT and it is good.

Cheers
Agree, what GBB said. Brilliant sound! We’re on a Schiit forum, and value-based propositions can’t sound good? In the end, what matters is that we’re happy with what we hear. I am. Hope y’all are as well.

May 19, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #46,674 of 155,196
So I dunno about all yall, but in my experience people generally reveal their true personalities/emotions/feelings after a few viskys (adult beverages).

As such I want to take a moment from listening to my schiity system and thank @Jason Stoddard and @Baldr and their employees for making quality audio products that a guy like me can afford (family of 4, one full time income). I busted my hump all day digging/cutting/disposing of shrub stumps. Caraganas and the like. Glad to be able to kick back and enjoy some quality music (Quincy Jones, Walking in Space) via mi mimby/saga/vidar. Enjoying a variation on an old fashioned with Woodford Reserve. Good way to end a good day.

Wishing Mike good health, as well as good health for all those who traverse this and Mikes thread. I've made some good friends via this common connection.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #46,675 of 155,196
Try an authentic Newark hot dog---without ketchup
https://roadfood.com/dishes/newark-hot-dog/
I had the pleasure of visiting Jimmy Buffs (many years ago). After passing it several times and wondering what the hell an Italian Hotdog was (I ain't from around here) I finally had to stop and see. Many more visits followed. An amazing creation.
The current love of my life is the Sonoran Hotdog. No ketchup in sight.
(yes, I realize the rest of you have moved on to other things but I was stuck on this)

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #46,677 of 155,196
If you hook up a magni between a Mani and a saga, could the magni effectively be a SUT? (Step up transformer for a turntable) or would there be no gain?
Not a great idea, SUT are to enable moving coil cartridges to be used with moving magnet phono preamps.
Mani is designed to handle standard and high output moving coil cartridges.
Gain, noise and input impedance of Magni would not be suitable for moving coils.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #46,678 of 155,196
I was thinking more about in the situation where you have some very inefficient speakers and you have a saga (which doesn't produce extra gain since it's passive) and even with Mani set to 48db with a MM cart, you still aren't quite getting enough juice. Would the magni potentially create extra gain in this situation? (more than likely a Freya would be in order). But could it work with a magni in the chain for just a touch more gain?

May 19, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #46,679 of 155,196
I was thinking more about in the situation where you have some very inefficient speakers and you have a saga (which doesn't produce extra gain since it's passive) and even with Mani set to 48db with a MM cart, you still aren't quite getting enough juice. Would the magni potentially create extra gain in this situation? (more than likely a Freya would be in order). But could it work with a magni in the chain for just a touch more gain?

The output level on the Mani is designed to provide the line level input a preamp (Saga) uses. Nothing else should be required. Are you using the highest gain setting on the Mani? If the Saga does not provide the preamp gain your power amp needs, a different preamp that provides more gain (Freya) may be the better option.

Your idea of using Magni to add gain between the Mani and Saga should work provided the Magni doesn’t over do it and overload the input of the Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back