Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 22, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #43,246 of 152,759
I've almost put you on ignore 100 times because of all the useless pics you post, but then I remember that I normally read the thread while not logged in and it wouldn't do any good...

images

Sorry...just had to! :ksc75smile:

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #43,248 of 152,759
This is a hobby we're all enjoying, so I think it's best to not take anything too seriously here - or on the internet in general. If a post gets under your skin, just take some time off computer and realize how silly getting worked up over nothing is.
Just keep politics and religion out, and we're good to go. :L3000:

dVGV4wq.gif

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #43,252 of 152,759
I can't understand anyone using the ignore button.
Being precious denies one the delicious ironies and misunderstandings contained in the postings.
Being pedantic is good, but if the other party doesn't understand the point as stated, and starts a war, sit back and enjoy the ensuing melee as the detractors display their ignorance and falllacious reasoning.....:ksc75smile:
+1 for @wink
You are an awesome creature. Your purple prose made my evening.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #43,254 of 152,759
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #43,256 of 152,759
Those of you running the Vali 2 with headphones, is it at low or high gain setting? Thanks.

I am using a JJ-Electronics, new production 6SN7 on the Vali 2. Through my 48-ohm Audio-Technica headphones, prefer the flexibility of low-gain. I only pop it to high when it is a tube buffer for the Sprout and speakers.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #43,258 of 152,759
Those of you running the Vali 2 with headphones, is it at low or high gain setting? Thanks.

I'm running Hifiman HE400i and I use low gain with Modi2U and high gain with my vinyl coming out of an AVR with a cheapy phono pre in it. need to get a second Mani and a sys for the office vinyl/digital setup. I think I only need high gain with vinyl due to the relative crappiness of the phono pre in the AVR. probably only has ca 36db gain and my cart would work better with a higher gain setting. more like 42

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #43,259 of 152,759
I'm running Hifiman HE400i and I use low gain with Modi2U and high gain with my vinyl coming out of an AVR with a cheapy phono pre in it. need to get a second Mani and a sys for the office vinyl/digital setup. I think I only need high gain with vinyl due to the relative crappiness of the phono pre in the AVR. probably only has ca 36db gain and my cart would work better with a higher gain setting. more like 42

I should clarify; I run the Modi into the AVR and run the Vali 2 from the tape out and doesnt seem to be affected by the volume control on the AVR. don't know if that information makes any difference with your question. my volume stays at around 11 O'clock when listening to digital. its more than enough volume for me, and thats taking into account that I play live music regularly and likely suffer some mild hearing loss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back