Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #38,251 of 150,789
Dana, did you say you're running Vidars monoblock into Maggies? Any issues? I don't think they're rated for 4 ohm in mono. Any distortion? Shut downs? High temps?

I'm running a single Vidar into 4ohm speakers (Tekton DIs) with no apparent problems and PLENTY of volume :)

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #38,252 of 150,789
I'm getting 98-101 dB with MMG's and a single Vidar (on my old RS soundmeter so take it with a grain of salt). The 1.7i's are harder to drive? I've not been able to drive my Vidar to shutdown at all this summer, parties and 98 degree days be damned.
I also was using a single Vidar and was able to get that to shut down with the 1.7i as well. I was not able to get 100 dB at listening position with one.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #38,253 of 150,789
I'm running a single Vidar into 4ohm speakers (Tekton DIs) with no apparent problems and PLENTY of volume :)

They are super efficient though.

Webb Wilder's music has been called americana and Hybrid Vigor is one of my favorite albums. Haven't had a chance to listen much to his newer releases, but they're not crap at any rate.

I wonder if this guy ever listened to Frank Zappa.:)

Jason has previously stated this isn't the case, but he also tries to avoid talking about new products before they are released, so I'm not sure I believe him. Especially since he talked about making multiple attempts at an update. Maybe one of his teasers last week is in reference to a new rok, or a rok mini.A new rok with a remote would be pretty sweet, and hard to say no to.

I'm in the market for a new 2 channel amp, integrated if possible, but it has to be great and have a remote.
I have a line on a Primaluna Dialogue HP, but am waiting for more money and Jason to spill more beans before making any firm plans.
Also I really want balance inputs so the Primaluna maybe out.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #38,254 of 150,789
Amazon has you covered; Introducing the new Alexa Echo Silver Edition. This is just the Smart Audio device you need:

Edit: Not that I'm picking on those of us that like to kick it Elderly School. I respect my elders. Don't see a lot of young guys or gals innovating in Audio I've noticed.

Are we training a next generation of Jasons, Mikes, Waynes, Bottleheads, and Nelsons?

A classic skit!

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #38,255 of 150,789
I'm getting 98-101 dB with MMG's and a single Vidar (on my old RS soundmeter so take it with a grain of salt). The 1.7i's are harder to drive? I've not been able to drive my Vidar to shutdown at all this summer, parties and 98 degree days be damned.

How do you like the Vidar MMG pairing? I believe that's what I'm going to go with, unless schiit releases something else 2ch in the next month or so.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #38,256 of 150,789
Love, love, love it! My non standard system is a BHead 300B Pre to Loki mini to Vidar to MMG's. Sometimes I add in a sub, most of the time I forget to and don't notice it till I"m turning off everything for the night. My MMG's are standard, just upgraded the crossover parts to better caps and inductors.

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #38,257 of 150,789
Love, love, love it! My non standard system is a BHead 300B Pre to Loki mini to Vidar to MMG's. Sometimes I add in a sub, most of the time I forget to and don't notice it till I"m turning off everything for the night. My MMG's are standard, just upgraded the crossover parts to better caps and inductors.
MMGs. Like "shoes". Not "shoe's".

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #38,259 of 150,789
New review of the Mani at The Absolute Sound

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/schiit-audio-mani-phonostage/

Of the three pieces of Schiit I own ... the Mani is hands-down my favorite and deserves all the praise.

The Mani may be the only piece of stereo equipment I own that has worked 100% of the time, without issue, no troubleshooting required, plug-and-play, while sounding great doing it.
Ridiculously cost effective phono.

Thinking about picking up a Leben CS-300XS this weekend ... but feel no need for a new phono despite the Mani's ridiculous price differential. I just wish it had an aluminum case like the rest of my Schiit gear!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #38,260 of 150,789
Yeah, when is this Schiit gonna happen anyway? I'm tired of waiting. Was compulsively checking the website and Facebook all day yesterday.

Yes, I know the feeling. Why does Schiit make such addictive products? Way more excited to hear about more Schiit than any other product (not even :green_apple:)

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #38,261 of 150,789
Yes, I know the feeling. Why does Schiit make such addictive products? Way more excited to hear about more Schiit than any other product (not even :green_apple:)

I currently have three products (Fulla 2, Modi Multibit, and Valhalla 2). Keep looking at the Saga and Freya but also am not sure I want to ditch my integrated yet. Maybe I will get a Mani as a second phono preamp for my system so I can hook up the three turntables into the system. No, I do not have a vinyl problem.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #38,263 of 150,789
New Schiit I'd most like to see:

1. Loki Max (Balanced) or a Freya 2 with Loki tone controls and a module slot for DAC or Phono

2. Balanced Valhalla 3 with more power (something that works with Audeze and Grados).

3. Battery DAC/AMP (I'm still using my battery paired Fulla 2; and it is a bulky mess of cables and cases). I may attempt to develop a better case myself with a DIY enclosure.

Only the 1st is likely to happen, but I know Jason has made a number of goes at a Valhalla 3, so I think he is determined to make an improvement.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #38,264 of 150,789
Schiit I want these, they sold out of the first run.

https://staxaudio.com/earspeaker/sr-l300limited
dislayImages2.jpg

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #38,265 of 150,789
Amazon has you covered; Introducing the new Alexa Echo Silver Edition. This is just the Smart Audio device you need:

Edit: Not that I'm picking on those of us that like to kick it Elderly School. I respect my elders. Don't see a lot of young guys or gals innovating in Audio I've noticed.

Are we training a next generation of Jasons, Mikes, Waynes, Bottleheads, and Nelsons?

My wife showed me that video some time ago and I love it! I am prone to using such devices to control lights, heating, cooling and to even search for movies. I just wish I had bought more of the Amazon stock when it first hit, today's price is $1941 per share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back