Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 6, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #34,578 of 150,657
Jul 6, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #34,579 of 150,657
I ordered a set of schiit coasters and a power supply. Looking forward to working on the project.

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #34,580 of 150,657
No offense taken. And I appreciate your response. I looked up the V-Moda VAMP (Ableza's)and was surprised to see it is made in Japan (they play fair) but disappointed to see that it is discontinued. Looked it up on ebay.
Oh I hope the VAMP VERZA has not been discontinued and that they are just out of stock. It is a superb sounding portable amp.

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #34,581 of 150,657
I gotta say, I appreciate the work, information, and photos that Paladin79 has done on the coaster amp. I like it as a part of this thread. That being said I would really enjoy having all of the coaster stuff on a thread of its own. Starting with Jason's three coaster chapters, followed by all of the posts Paladin79 and others have created. This thread moves with terrific speed, and the search function on head-fi isn't going to put all of the aforementioned posts in order, in easy to read and follow fashion. I would advocate for its own thread if only to make the DIY process easier for folks like me, once winter rolls around & I want a project to tinker with.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #34,582 of 150,657
That is a seriously sad dog.
She'd be excellent at poker. That's her happy, sad, and guilty face - much like Ben Stein. Her tail will tell you far more.

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #34,583 of 150,657
She'd be excellent at poker. That's her happy, sad, and guilty face - much like Ben Stein. Her tail will tell you far more.

That tail looks a little guilty to me.
upload_2018-7-6_15-31-44.png

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #34,585 of 150,657
I gotta say, I appreciate the work, information, and photos that Paladin79 has done on the coaster amp. I like it as a part of this thread. That being said I would really enjoy having all of the coaster stuff on a thread of its own. Starting with Jason's three coaster chapters, followed by all of the posts Paladin79 and others have created. This thread moves with terrific speed, and the search function on head-fi isn't going to put all of the aforementioned posts in order, in easy to read and follow fashion. I would advocate for its own thread if only to make the DIY process easier for folks like me, once winter rolls around & I want a project to tinker with.

If Jason creates another thread for the Coaster I am sure I would enjoy it as well. Till then I have received a lot of positive feedback and very little negative about posting in here about Coasters since it is product that Schiit sells and Jason includes in his chapters. So we will see what happens with another thread.
For those who are not interested, they can certainly use the ignore feature, I am starting to rely on it more and more.

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #34,586 of 150,657
So I had a new one today. Sitting and listening to music and I hear the clicking of relays. Look over and this little Schiit head is reaching down and turning the volume up on my Freya. Of course he was turning up "Another one Bites the Dust" by Queen. I think my time is near...

Great cat photo, my wife and I used to raise pointed persians but we changed over to ragdolls later on. We averaged $1500 a litter so if they tore up a couch, they paid for a new one.:)

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #34,587 of 150,657
No offense taken. And I appreciate your response. I looked up the V-Moda VAMP (Ableza's)and was surprised to see it is made in Japan (they play fair) but disappointed to see that it is discontinued. Looked it up on ebay.

How do I add my equipment to the bottom of these posts?
Hey! Nice signature line...:)

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #34,588 of 150,657
A very logical opinion, one with which I happen to agree.

The thread might be entitled "The DIY Coaster Amp Project." Sponsored by Tom Paladin and Jason Stoddard.
Nice. I would subscribe in an instant.

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #34,589 of 150,657
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #34,590 of 150,657
Great cat photo, my wife and I used to raise pointed persians but we changed over to ragdolls later on. We averaged $1500 a litter so if they tore up a couch, they paid for a new one.:)

He is mostly siamese with some Himalayan and traits of Maine coon. His sister is purebred ragdoll. Both are humane society rescues.

20170910_213021.jpg 20161029_151454.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back