Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #34,591 of 149,099
so im thinking about having a friend powder coat my silver schiit to match the black schiit. but then lies the problem of the emblems and markings. im thinking of either having a good friend hand paint it on very nicely but make it look hand done or having another person i know do laser etching where i want the logo and writing. i asked schiit about buying silver tops for my black equipment but someone responded that they will not sell them (which i would love to recc jason. this would allow more people to buy a product when its available rather then holding out and hoping a black version gets released or visa versa). im just a bit ocd and like my stacks to match color wise or be close.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #34,592 of 149,099
He is mostly siamese with some Himalayan and traits of Maine coon. His sister is purebred ragdoll. Both are humane society rescues.

Yeah they obviously do not have the persian body, you can put the points (ears, mask, feet, and possibly tail) on different breeds. Ragdolls came about in 1964 as I recall and it was a protected name for a long time. Your cats have a similar body type no doubt. You want large round blue eyes and yours appear to have those traits as well.

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #34,593 of 149,099
If Jason creates another thread for the Coaster I am sure I would enjoy it as well. Till then I have received a lot of positive feedback and very little negative about posting in here about Coasters since it is product that Schiit sells and Jason includes in his chapters. So we will see what happens with another thread.
For those who are not interested, they can certainly use the ignore feature, I am starting to rely on it more and more.
Now now, no need to get all defensive, no one its attacking you. I just shared my observation about the DIY activities being part of Jason's "Schiit Happens" thread. You can do what you like - and you don't have to wait for Jason to do it. Indeed I doubt he will do much else about this as he said his last chapter about the Coaster has been posted. But I've been wrong before. And yep, ignore can be your friend. :)

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #34,594 of 149,099
It seems a handful of individuals have intimated that Paladin79 is posting a wee bit excessively on this thread, while Albeza is attempting to be the arbiter of this and various other Schiit threads. As it turns out, we can’t all have our egos stroked simultaneously – there exists another forum for that.

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #34,595 of 149,099
Oh frac really, I'm going outside for beer.
Why is Albeza is attempting to be the arbiter of this and various other Schiit threads?

Incidentally I am building a coaster amp later this year, I've already spoke with @Paladin79 via PM about it, and some other DIY class A amp stuff.
Kinda too bad I won't do it here now, happy?

Edit; @Paladin79 I have noticed, as you have pointed out that Jason could start a thread here in his mini forum. Maybe you could request it for the coaster.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #34,596 of 149,099
I'm not being the arbiter of anything, except for my own attitude and the language I use. But since I'm an old submarine sailor and Navy diver, that gets difficult sometimes.

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #34,597 of 149,099
Personally, I enjoy this (and Mike's) thread very much because of the balance of shared information.
It's fun. That is why we are here, to have fun and learn new things, as a community.

There's no main topic on either thread, as stated above, until Jason or Mike posts their Schiit progress.
We all await those posts and then we change together, like a flock of birds.

And, you may notice, Jason and Mike post on a variety of subjects as well. Including wine and cats.

So net, I'm good with the off topics, as long as a specific off-topic doesn't just take over the discussion.
When that happens, IMO, the discussion has matured to the point where it merits its own thread for dedicated discussion and data.
Especially for technical subjects (not cats) like building a DIY amplifier.

I sincerely hope that this post has contributed in a positive manner to this thread, and to you personally.

All the best -
RCB

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #34,599 of 149,099
I like a freewheeling discussion about audio specifically, but I'm not going to get mad if some want to talk coffee or whatever.:L3000:

Well written, mate. BTW, I was born in Hibbing and have family in Duluth ... #MNStrong.

Hibbing! No wonder you moved to a warm place like Tennessee. I've been there, I like it, but not in the summer so much.:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #34,600 of 149,099
But since I'm an old submarine sailor and Navy diver, that gets difficult sometimes.

Thank you for your service. Submarine service and Navy diver requires a truly special person with great dedication and patriotism. While I may not share your views on this forum 100% of the time, you most certainly have my sincere respect and gratitude.

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #34,601 of 149,099
People need to accept the fact that this and Mike's thread have very low signal to noise ratios....I wish that were not the case but it is. My dog would have the domestic cats seen here as a meal.....

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #34,602 of 149,099
So I took some initiative and created my first thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unofficial-schiit-diy-coaster-amp.883624/

I will try to transfer much of the coaster discussion on this thread over to the new one. If I'm the only one who uses it I'm fine with that. But for selfish reasons I want all the info in one spot. If people post coaster info here I'm cool with it, as I think it's still on topic.

I don't expect Jason to start a thread as he clearly indicated Schiit will have no official (and possibly unofficial) support for the coaster.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #34,603 of 149,099
I like this forum as it is. Based on recommendations here in the last couple of weeks I've purchased the Brad Mehldau Trio Live CD and the Capresso Infinity coffee grinder. Both great finds IMHO so a big thank you for those who took the time to post about them.

Cheers,
JC

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #34,605 of 149,099
What's a mouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back