Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #30,482 of 150,084
Me: OCD checking Schiit website 10-20 times daily
Me: sees MB Jot card, buys within 1 minute
Me: loses mind realizing I will soon have a MB Jot

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #30,484 of 150,084
I know tubes = love for me... really want to give the Lyr 3 a shot, but that 15 day money back thing they have is sort of iffy... I'm probably looking at a $80 restocking fee and losing out on shipping both ways + tax on a $500 item... (if I don't like it within those 15 days)... I understand this is the only way a small company can operate though, its not the end of the world... just slightly out of my budget, and I never want to go balanced... so now I am indeed hoping for Asgard 3 with this new Continuity stuff at $249.

@Jason Stoddard make asgard 3 at $249 happn capn, you will get my money.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #30,486 of 150,084
2018, 5:
Where Do I Start?

Jason, congratulations on what sounds like another great product!

I enjoy hearing about your engineering trials and tribulations.

I recently was at the NY canjam and tried to listen to all of the Schiit products. The combo I enjoyed the MOST was the Valid 2/Modi Multi.....!!

BTW, I enjoyed that combo more than the Brooklyn DAC across the aisle....

All the best,
Eddie

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #30,489 of 150,084
20,000 RPM?? Those must be metric 100 second minutes and even still...

Yup, 20k RPM. In race trim usually lower, around 18k RPM. They were somehting behold up close and on full throttle. Ear protection absolutely a must have, and the vibrational impact through your body was incredible. Loved the Ferrari sound especially in the V12. You knew what was coming before you saw it!

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #30,490 of 150,084
Yup, 20k RPM. In race trim usually lower, around 18k RPM. They were somehting behold up close and on full throttle. Ear protection absolutely a must have, and the vibrational impact through your body was incredible. Loved the Ferrari sound especially in the V12. You knew what was coming before you saw it!

What production vehicle had/has a 20K redline? Cost no object.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #30,491 of 150,084
Not interested in DAC/amps. Please don't turn Asgard 3 into one. Also, if Asgard 3 isn't really class A, don't do it. It would lose its uniqueness.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #30,492 of 150,084
Not interested in DAC/amps. Please don't turn Asgard 3 into one. Also, if Asgard 3 isn't really class A, don't do it. It would lose its uniqueness.

they should make it anyway and call it something else in norse mythology in honor of God of War 4 / sticking with same theme of norse mythology. :D that would be epic

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #30,494 of 150,084
And also consider: there will never be a Valhalla 3 like this.

So there’s no Valhalla 3 option. Just Asgard 3. At $249. A lot more powerful than the old Asgard. Not Class A (but pretty damn high bias, like Class A for 1/2W or so, and with the Continuity output stage on top of it.)

So, I’m asking you: does a product like this proposed Asgard 3 make sense?

Or not?

Why?

Your answers will help shape the future.

Bit late to the party but firstly, great chapter and I can't wait to see what comes of this page you guys are turning with the Lyr 3.

Here's what I personally care the most about - I'd want a new full tube amp (akin the Valhalla, but not a Valhalla seeing as you said it won't work no matter what for a 3rd iteration) at some point. Make it more expensive, use the bigger chassis, cards or no cards, modular or otherwise, one way or another, that's what I personally would love to see. Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #30,495 of 150,084
2018, Chapter 5:
Where Do I Start?

So, I’m asking you: does a product like this proposed Asgard 3 make sense?

Or not?

Why?

Your answers will help shape the future.

Jason,

Congratulations on a great product. It looks like a winner. As always, your description of the highs and lows during development was most enjoyable.

I did feel for the guy who can't use his Eitr or Loki (the eq) with Lyr 3. I was wondering if one could ever output a volume controlled DAC output on the pre-outs and still have the headphone out work along with the amplifier's input set to the pre-ins. That may be too complicated a switching scenario or I might be missing something obvious but it would allow Loki to exist in the line level path? Perhaps your sales level on Loki is telling you something. I realize embracing Eitr on a DAC/Amp is probably not feasible as it would add an optical and or coax input and probably not fit.

On Asgard 3, mixed feelings. There are so many freaking liars out there that claim Class A and then fess up to mostly class A, when their product is AB. It would be a shame for you to be lumped in with these schleps. Of course I have no idea how well Asgard 2 is selling and that needs to be considered. I understand that your product line is huge. But the class A guys are not going to want to hear mostly class A. I would keep a pure class A amplifier in the line if it is selling well, and if it isn't, sometimes you have to kill your children.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back