Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 17, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #30,212 of 150,042
Anyone who needs financing for their Schiit, I can help. I can offer a 10-day no interest repayment program, after which I charge a nominal rate (25%) compounded daily. I can also arrange for local enforcers, err, debt service agents, to help make sure you get that daily vig paid on time. Or else.

j/k :)

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #30,213 of 150,042
Why would Schiit offer financing? There are these things called credit cards.
In store financing (through a third party financial firm like Citi or Cap1) often offers lower interest rates and more attractive terms, as a way to generate sales. I used to sell furniture, get someone Approved for 5k, offer them 1-5 years low or no interest and they we're usually ready to buy. It cost our company 3-5 percent of the purchase price to finance, but everything was handled by Citi, including financial risk of non payment. Everyone wins except the person buying goods they can't really afford. 7-29 percent interest on a regular card is extremely high by comparison.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #30,214 of 150,042
Everyone wins except the person buying goods they can't really afford.

Therein lies the problem. If folks want to put themselves into a bad situation with credit cards, that's typically outside retailer control, but actually offering financing IMO promotes this type of bad consumer behavior. I put furniture stores in the same pot as new and used car sales...

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #30,216 of 150,042
20180317_122838.jpg
raided some red finger nail polish.
Seems to work great.

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #30,217 of 150,042
About coffee...

Am I the only one that thinks Starbucks tastes like burnt ashes?
Depends on a lot of variables there. I switched to Cafe Americanos a while ago. Always consistent and delicious. Takes out 90% of the variables...

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #30,218 of 150,042
Therein lies the problem. If folks want to put themselves into a bad situation with credit cards, that's typically outside retailer control, but actually offering financing IMO promotes this type of bad consumer behavior. I put furniture stores in the same pot as new and used car sales...

I agree with you completely. Yet I still want it.... Just like I know I shouldn't occasionally smoke when out drinking, and I know I should get chicken instead of a massive ribeye at the golf course on men's nights, etc, etc.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #30,220 of 150,042
I agree with you completely. Yet I still want it.... Just like I know I shouldn't occasionally smoke when out drinking, and I know I should get chicken instead of a massive ribeye at the golf course on men's nights, etc, etc.
Those explosive growing chickens contain more fat than any ribeye.

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #30,223 of 150,042
Back in the 1980's when I worked for a small High End audio shop in Leesburg, Virginia we had a client that had a contractor cut out a circular portion of the slab in his audio equipment closet and then had them pour an isolated concrete column several feet high to place his Oracle Delphi TT on. Unfortunately I was never able to see or hear the results of the construction project...

As life goals go, one could do worse .... do you remember what they attached the column to / too?

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #30,224 of 150,042
Financing, layaways, etc etc, just serve to complicate operations and finances massively.
Not for modern day services (e.g. Affirm and PayPal Credit). They just become a payment option during checkout. The vendor gets the full payment immediately and all the financing arrangement is only between the buyer and the financial company.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #30,225 of 150,042
raided some red finger nail polish.
Seems to work great.

Yes, me thinks Modi is blushing a bit.

I have found it best to confess when raiding wifey's professional beauty stuff such as this for little tasks that maybe she has special stuff I don't know about.

Bless her heart for tolerating all the stuff I have read to her from this thread and still volunteering some special blush remover she had squirreled away in her beauty supplies......
IMG_20180317_171713272_HDR~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back