Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 23, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #29,401 of 150,078
Feb 23, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #29,404 of 150,078
Use a SYS bass-ackwards, one in, two oute, volume on max. Works a treat, and darn if it don’t match (kinda) the other Schiit... With that said, it does cost more than the splitter scenario. Your call...
Use a SYS bass-ackwards, one in, two oute, volume on max. Works a treat, and darn if it don’t match (kinda) the other Schiit... With that said, it does cost more than the splitter scenario. Your call...
Good idea, I'm going to try the splitter first, if it sounds degraded, I will probably try the sys. At this point $28 for 2 listening stations vs $60 (w/shipp) for just one.

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #29,406 of 150,078
Actually, we're looking at having most backordered products cleared in the next week or two. We've been rolling out new production tracking/control systems, and it's now finally gelling.

Since being humor less seems to be the way to go when asking a question, will there be any of this stuff in black?

If not, I am done for now and thank you all the same. :beerchug: No harm. No fowl. Schiit! I should never go full retoad.
If I do not hear from you regarding this, I shall take that as a no and again, not a problem. I have a nice enough DAC/Amp now and in truth, I can not hear a difference in any thing, I just want what I find attractive to my eyes. Which right now suck ass big time.

Good night.

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #29,407 of 150,078
Since being humor less seems to be the way to go when asking a question, will there be any of this stuff in black?

If not, I am done for now and thank you all the same. :beerchug: No harm. No fowl. Schiit! I should never go full retoad.
If I do not hear from you regarding this, I shall take that as a no and again, not a problem. I have a nice enough DAC/Amp now and in truth, I can not hear a difference in any thing, I just want what I find attractive to my eyes. Which right now suck ass big time.

Good night.

Why do you crave the ADCOM 80's black? You appear to be a 70's toad who would welcome brushed aluminum. It was the age of d'Arsonval VU meters.

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #29,408 of 150,078
0d2c798ab1027c7c7289234fc314b865.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #29,409 of 150,078
LOL!

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #29,410 of 150,078
ORT,

Why do you crave the ADCOM 80's black? You appear to be a 70's toad who would welcome brushed aluminum. It was the age of d'Arsonval VU meters.

Oddly enough, I never did much care for (as you so rightly put it!) ADCOM black.

Ah...the 70s. You sir, are correctomundo! But the contrasting black with a silverish base around the glowing tubes as well as the volume knob in silver of the Valhalla 2 just does it for me.
649237921_large_a55babb084ff4a68b53d93ce0605d40d.jpg

Were there were VU meters I would be ordering a Valhalla 2 now in either color, but that ain't gonna happen. I have my Emotiva XDA-2 to use. It has a lot of inputs to keep me happy. It all so has nice blue-ish lighting on the front to keep me stupefied. It does not have VU Meters and that attests to my ability to adapt in spite of my self. It does not have the glow of tubes. The Jotunheim is the closest thing to my XDA-2 in the Schiit line up but it cannot match the Emotiva in the variety of inputs (objectively) nor in looks (subjective).

And so I wait. Perhaps some thing toadish this way comes. I've been spending my "extra" money on music this past month or so. About 25 CDs and 8 vinyl albums so far with another 5 albums on the way. I am all so looking at entry level magnetic-planar headphones, I would not want to spend more than the Valhalla 2 would run me, if that does not cut if for this type of 'phone, then I shall just not get one right now! My older brother suggested I do so as I have long liked (but do not yet own) Magnepan speakers. I listened to that interview of Herr Stoddard and what he said regarding where to spend one's moolah and it seems it is the same as it has all ways been - First on the speaker and then else where.

The Jotunheim can be ordered now in black but again, it lacks the multiple inputs of my XDA-2 and is other wise pretty much what I all ready have albeit with a different name plate. I like it but I have some thing too similar (but with more features) than the Jotunheim. I use the coax and toslink jacks on the Emotiva and the USB too. Schiit makes cool stuff. I suppose I will know it when I see it and when I see it (and can afford it) I will order what ever that it by Schiit may turn out to be.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #29,411 of 150,078
Good idea, I'm going to try the splitter first, if it sounds degraded, I will probably try the sys. At this point $28 for 2 listening stations vs $60 (w/shipp) for just one.

I used a sys backwards for a long time, over 2 years, and when I first tested to see if it degraded SQ I used what I had at the time, a schiit magni 2 and Vali 2 and modi 2 Uber feeding hd598s and ad900x. At the time I couldn't tell a difference and deemed it transparent.

About 5 months ago I decided to test if that fact still held up with my much more resolving system (eitr > mimby > jot > Bal HD650s) and found the sys was just barely holding back the systems transparency, as if you were looking through a slightly dirty window from 10 ft away, but didn't really notice it was dirty until you cleaned it.

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #29,412 of 150,078
It's the "Amazon Syndrome". There is a lot of it going around.
I don't think that's fair. As much as I love Schiit, I've had multiple experiences with the expected shipping date being off by orders of magnitude. I ordered a Yggdrasil and Ragnarok at the start of May in 2016, and in the end of June I got told it could be another 2+ months. I cancelled and went with an alternative. The entire time, from when I ordered, I never received a proactive email. From the start of May until shortly after I cancelled, the website was still showing the "shipping soon!"

Something similar has happened with me on the Vidar now, twice. I ordered the Vidar the first time part of the way through November, given a 10-15 business day estimate on shipping. I check back in at the end of December, still given a 10-15 business day estimate. I cancelled it, and went with an alternative. I didn't like the alternative choice, so I returned it, and once again ordered the Vidar. This was the end of January. The site said it was in production and would ship soon. It's now nearing the end of February and it still no word on it shipping. Am I part of the same backlog as when I ordered in November? Would I still be waiting on that initial order if I hadn't cancelled it? I sure hope not.

I could email Schiit and get an answer, I'm sure. And almost certainly a quick one. But it's not "Amazon Syndrome" to expect the ETAs provided on the site to be at least somewhat accurate. It's not "Amazon Syndrome" to expect there to be proactive communication when a product you've ordered has been delayed. I shouldn't have to email Schiit or find a posting from Jason in this thread to let me know the status of my order - it should be communicate to me.

I love Schiit. I've got a ton of Schiit gear. I'm sure I'll continue to order Schiit. But I really really really wish that the ETAs on the lower volume items were matched within spitting distance of reality, and it's really not acceptable to force your customers to have to reach out to find out something they've ordered has been delayed. I understand why things are delayed. I don't fault Schiit for that. But they have to communicate this better. And I don't think that's unreasonable in the slightest.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #29,413 of 150,078
I second this about estimated shipping times. While I have not waited as long as you I do feel better communication or at least an update to the website would be nice. I ordered a Yggy 2 1/2 weeks ago. Website says in stock shipping in 3-5 days. I emailed about expected ship date. Told probably another couple of weeks. While I am willing to wait, if the website says 3-5 days customers shouldn't be expected to "know" it might be more like 30-40 days. Just sayin.

Feb 24, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #29,414 of 150,078
So I have to throw in a comment about voodoo cable magic. I have always ordered monoprice and standard grade cables. Well the cable on my hd6xxs from massdrop just didn't seem right. I had heard others comment that is where they cut corners on cost. I tended to agree.
Well yesterday my new cable from periapts (in kansas) showed up and I connected to my magni 3.
I don't know what's going on but it sounds like I have a completely new system. They don't sound muffled/muddy anymore. The mids and highs are crisper. The bass has oomph to it and it sounds more similar to my high end exotic 2 channel speaker setup.

Just wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience replacing a headphone cable????
I really did not expect this night and day difference. Its single ended, i do not own balanced headphone amps. Now maybe these senns will sound like they are supposed to. I have to say audio tecnica m50s have a nice v shaped fun sound, but I'm going to give the hd6xxs another listen.

If anyone is on the fence about the magni 3, get it, it's a nice change of sound from the vali 2.

Plus bonus** they included an authenticity card that showed that they tested the cable with "black hole sun"....love me some Chris Cornell!!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #29,415 of 150,078
I have some Norne Audio cables.

I notice absolutely zero sonic difference, I just wanted cables that looked cool and had a balanced to single ended adapter I could attach them to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back