Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 2, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #27,993 of 150,790
You all know what all this chatter about 25w Class A amps that don't exist yet means, don't you? It means Jason will remember his own early advice and stop discussing product ideas on the Internet until they are actual products and he is ready to launch them.

Jan 2, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #27,994 of 150,790
You ran the Vidars with a C4?! Interesting. I have a feeling I'm going to get a chance to hear the Vidars soon, perhaps on my system. Will they be competition for my beloved XPA-1 amps? Honestly, I'd be very surprised if they were - in my setup. Nothing sticks out in it that gives me an indication otherwise. But I have been wrong before. The proof in the pudding is listening! I think the Vidars chassis however looks fantastic and I like the size. The JC-1's also look interesting. Thanks for the impressions.

Yeah I've been running my C4's (as well as an Evidence center) with a trio of Vidar for quite a while now. According to Sir Stoddard they are capable of 600 watts in 4 ohm mono, and I have yet to be able to send them into thermal shutdown (I have tried on a few occasions). They are definitely worth a listen...

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #27,996 of 150,790
You all know what all this chatter about 25w Class A amps that don't exist yet means, don't you? It means Jason will remember his own early advice and stop discussing product ideas on the Internet until they are actual products and he is ready to launch them.

It's better than pages and pages of cat pictures.

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #27,997 of 150,790
At least it shows there's enthusiasim and interest, which I think is a good thing (and is actually discussion about Schiit). People just need to keep it in mind, like Jason said, it's still vapor at this point - there is no product yet (or maybe ever).

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #27,998 of 150,790
I think it may depend on if Jason considers cats to be purr Class A or not. Seeing as how it's his thread, and I don't recall him ever mentioning that cats are unamusing Class D....:)

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #28,000 of 150,790
I must say...that is the first time I've seen Jason ask that an amplifier discussion be moved to PM.

And, I am sure that y'all heard MJ was deemed legal today in the great state of California.
Perhaps the tone of this thread will bend towards the mellow side.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #28,002 of 150,790
eb3ca5ddf2ac639289920aa24d17f539--s-too-funny.jpg

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #28,003 of 150,790
You will find mention of the Magni 3 knob in the Magni 3 chapter, however, since you were asking about that.

Actually if you re-read my question, you will see I was asking if they will switch the Vali 2 to use the same knob as the Magni 3 - the Vali 2 knob is ugly IMO, and figured since the M3 knob is cheaper (as per the chapter on the M3) they might be planning to switch it, if they haven't already. Anyhow its just a volume knob, no biggie.

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #28,004 of 150,790
Actually if you re-read my question, you will see I was asking if they will switch the Vali 2 to use the same knob as the Magni 3 - the Vali 2 knob is ugly IMO, and figured since the M3 knob is cheaper (as per the chapter on the M3) they might be planning to switch it, if they haven't already. Anyhow its just a volume knob, no biggie.

In the Magni 3 chapter, he mentions that they went cheaper on its knob to keep it under 100. One person's beauty is another manufacturer's not-so-attractive.

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #28,005 of 150,790
I am loving my EITR into Gumby from my MicroRendu. Great combination for anyone interested.

I agree, I have the same. Although I also have Gen 5 board as well in my Gumby and it might have a very (and I mean very) slight edge. But of course much less versatile since it's tied to that 1 device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back