Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 27, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #25,038 of 149,758
Dear Jason,

Holy smokes! In the time it takes to have a hurricane, a week without power, cut up mountains of limbs and still not have a single limb in the city picked up and cleared from the curb you have released two FUN-tastic new products!

I don't know whether to immediately order Loki or to finish catching up on the 10 trillion post the last 3weeks. Most definitely even more posts per day than the great keyboard saga two years ago!

This is great as I still use an equalizer in my work shop for the speakers out on the patio. I purchased it in April 1984, not being able to afford the 4 band one I settled for the two band! Kudos!:)

Sure wish I could be at RMAF!

PS. You need to release a "Mini Schiit Stack Rack" to hold everything in place, in silver of course.

Whoa... this is different animal... if yours is the one on the pic.. this is a much more complicated/advanced equalizer ... the parametric equalizer...

PS. my first post on any Schitt forum... (as a long time HF lurker...:) )

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #25,039 of 149,758
My speakers and room are perfect. No need here for Loki 2.0. I've had preamps with tone controls. Never used them. Trying to keep it simple. Saga and Mimby are good. Will upgrade to Gumby or Yiggy when I have the cash. Hope they sell a lot of them.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #25,040 of 149,758
Man that must be awesome.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #25,041 of 149,758
Congratulations with flushing yet another piece of positively disrupting Schiit.

Loke represented mischief but also playfullness and creativity. And it’s great to read how it inspires so many uses. New combinations of music, amps and transducers. Maybe it can even contain some areas of the upgrade-, changeout- addonitis epidemic. Bad for producers of e-waste and for shipping - Good for mother E.

One of the uses I came to think of, Inspired partly by cozzis comment about a hearing aid. Is testing the Loki on my girlfriend who have lost some of her hearing in the lower frequencies from going to "to many" festivals. Being a bass player and bass nerd loving a healthy portion of lower frequencies I feel sorry that she misses out on that. Perhaps the loki can help.

Also hoping for a balanced bigger brother. When that time comes I’ll surely find other uses for the Loki mini. Seperate TT EQ, on my GF desk, in my travel rig, as a present.

Sep 27, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #25,042 of 149,758
That is a myth. Syphilis was unknown in the new world prior to contact. In Europe it was called leprosy prior to being separately identified the late 15th century.
This is where the doctor steps in with the real story.
Syphilis was invented by extraterrestrials and given to Thor as a weapon.
Thor spread this weapon with the help of Freya to mankind so we could bikker about it now.
The Ku Klux Klan, Gestapo, Mossad and CIA all claim to be the inventors.

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #25,043 of 149,758
I think those knobs could be an issue. I have a tough time seeing the mark on the knob on my Vali 2 and Magni 2 Uber, but I don't need to hit the exact same spot with the volume on the amps all the time. These appear to be the same knob. If I want to fine tune these or get them to zero, I need to see that line pointing straight up. I'll be interested in seeing user reports on this once they're out in the wild.

The markings on all my Schiit gear are not easy to see. At this point I've memorized what the light and lever positions represent so it's not an issue, but with this particular piece that's not gonna' work.

Makes me wonder why they didn't go with a pot with a detent? A cost consideration or a sonic one? Or maybe their saving that for Loki Maxi.

Anyway, mines ordered so I'll "see" what the what is in use.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #25,044 of 149,758
So here in The Netherlands Fall is coming.
Constanza figured out there's this one spot in the house always warm, 24/7
Wow her away, turn around, turn back and she's on it again looking confused why she has to exercise and my fat self doesn't.
So the Yggdrassil seems to hers for the coming months.
BTW, the (very good) Brik Audio EQ is for the unbalanced HP-rigs only.
As for the markings on the volume knobs... tape works wonders.

ConstanzaSchiit.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #25,045 of 149,758
I think those knobs could be an issue. I have a tough time seeing the mark on the knob on my Vali 2 and Magni 2 Uber, but I don't need to hit the exact same spot with the volume on the amps all the time. These appear to be the same knob. If I want to fine tune these or get them to zero, I need to see that line pointing straight up. I'll be interested in seeing user reports on this once they're out in the wild.

Those aren't the same knobs as the Vali 2 and M2U, looks like the same ones they're using for the Magni 3, which are a bit easier to see the mark on (though still not great). You can easily make the mark more visible yourself though, so I don't see it as a big issue

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #25,046 of 149,758
Makes me wonder how much of the knobs range is "NULL" point.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #25,047 of 149,758
So here in The Netherlands Fall is coming.
Constanza figured out there's this one spot in the house always warm, 24/7
Wow her away, turn around, turn back and she's on it again looking confused why she has to exercise and my fat self doesn't.
So the Yggdrassil seems to hers for the coming months.
BTW, the (very good) Brik Audio EQ is for the unbalanced HP-rigs only.
As for the markings on the volume knobs... tape works wonders.

So aren't you glad for the FCC design constraints that makes the the holes only on the aluminum top cosmetic and blocked by the metal case beneath so cat hairs can't get in? Furry Cat Control!

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #25,048 of 149,758
Makes me wonder how much of the knobs range is "NULL" point.

Maybe the whole range of all of them does nothing, and this is a cruel test by Jason to see how easily convinced we can be of change in what we hear when we appear to be adjusting the sound :frowning:

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #25,049 of 149,758
So aren't you glad for the FCC design constraints that makes the the holes only on the aluminum top cosmetic and blocked by the metal case beneath so cat hairs can't get in? Furry Cat Control!
Guess what.....
She just found out the Ragnarok is much more comfortable.
So now I have to think about a way to keep her off it because there the holes are real.
All suggestions are welcome.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #25,050 of 149,758
Hah!

Thinking back on Jason’s “Obsolete” ads for the mainstream purist publications;

Black-and-white photography, vintage clothing styles, rotary phones in the kitchen, high top sneakers,

classic TV shows, thick rimmed glasses, vinyl, tubes, turntables…

Everything Old is New Again:

Tone Controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back