Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #24,887 of 149,764
...Window To The Absolute Sound metaphor.
Har har!
No, serious, LOL.
No, this is really hilarious.
You'll get it on Tuesday.

Could tomorrow be the day where the Gadget is ready to be flushed..?
Such a groundbreaking achievement would require a Schiit show.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #24,890 of 149,764
I was watching the Vidar assembly video and the amp was bias soon after it was plugged in. I remember, one of the simple DIY amp I did(Nelson Pass Kit), the manual said to wait 20 min for amp to get to operating temp before biasing. Don’t measurements shift as the amp warms up so best to bias when amp is warm and stable?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #24,891 of 149,764
01000110 01010100 01001110 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01001111 01010010 01010100
That's beautiful man :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #24,893 of 149,764
Jason,

PLEASE PLEASE don't ever stop "The Noise!"

"The Noise" from Ableza about finding something for everyone after hearing Villains from Queens of the Stone Age has turned me on to a band previously unknown to me.

"The Noise" on Baldr's thread about Classical and Opera of which I had no significant previous interest led me to purchase the Fritz Reiner Red Seal CSO compendium and discover, through Winders, Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, the single most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard.

"The Noise" from Cozzi has introduced me and my Veterinarian daughter to the most beautiful cat breed we've ever seen.

"The Noise" from Tony Kaz who used to frequent here introduced me to an insider's take on the industry.

"The Noise" from ORT stimulates me to look at things in a different, enjoyable and ofttimes sarcastic light.

"The Noise" from JJ, our resident tweaker, has shown me the sonic benefits of AOIP and unDAES.

"The Noise" from RCBinTN has led me to some really warm and humerous PM's.

"The Noise" from even the Bourbon digression has led me to enjoying something that I previously hated.

I'm an Orthopedic Surgeon in my day job. I have to filter through "The Noise" every frickin' minute of my life in order to find that one piece of info that tells me the problem. I'm sure glad Mr. Jones last week thought that the sudden onset of a subtle metallic creak in his Total Knee was an unfamiliar noise and warranted a quick evaluation. Sure enough, his tibial plastic had failed, and he was just rubbing metal femur on metal tibial baseplate. In the OR the next day for revision, he had minimal metal stripe wear, and I was able to save his well fixed metallic components and only needed to swap in a new plastic plateau. Had he or I ignored "The Noise," quickly developing would have been extensive erosion with the resultant metallosis turning the tissues black, and I'd have had to tear everything out and start over, likely destroying his bone surfaces while trying to save the knee.

So you can see, "The Noise" is really in the eye of the beholder. There can be immense value in something cast off as irrelevant by others. I too used to bitch to myself about all of "The Noise" here until I started to truly listen to what it was trying to tell me. And now I can hear. I heartily thank you all.

So "The Noise" is ALL good. NEVER STOP THE NOISE!!!!

Scott

... and the noise from wink's posts keep me awake at nights looking for the veiled humour residing therein.......:ksc75smile:
That's all, noise and gurgles...... :L3000:

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #24,894 of 149,764
I may have to finally start using that ignore feature...does it also stop my email box from filling up with this?

Please do me the honor or being your first ignore!

FWIW...someone that was really intent on reducing the SNR / Spam level of a thread wouldn't post your last comment. :wink:

Re: your question on your email box filling up...RTFM -- Alert Preferences, etc.

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #24,896 of 149,764
We should get an outhouse!
I wasn`t bothered untill Jason (sort of) complained about the utter and total off-topicness.
Now...the Dutch complain openly all the time. Doesn`t mean a thing.
I am not so sure wether Americans complain when they are not already pissed off.
And it`s his blog/forum/channel. I shall try to respect that more.
But I am noisy by nature. It`s how my brain works. So I apologize in advance.

And I too have been fiddling the f5.
This might be the most exciting one.

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #24,897 of 149,764
We should get an outhouse!
I wasn`t bothered untill Jason (sort of) complained about the utter and total off-topicness.
Now...the Dutch complain openly all the time. Doesn`t mean a thing.
I am not so sure wether Americans complain when they are not already pissed off.
And it`s his blog/forum/channel. I shall try to respect that more.
But I am noisy by nature. It`s how my brain works. So I apologize in advance.

And I too have been fiddling the f5.
This might be the most exciting one.

Those damn noisy Dutchies!!!

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #24,898 of 149,764
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #24,899 of 149,764
Please do me the honor or being your first ignore!

FWIW...someone that was really intent on reducing the SNR / Spam level of a thread wouldn't post your last comment. :wink:

Re: your question on your email box filling up...RTFM -- Alert Preferences, etc.

Noise in the sense of a few complaints or short off topic dicsscuions or ravings etc in general don't matter to me. It's when people go on for pages about off-topic discussions, or use this forum like it's their personal Snapchat or Messenger, I get turned off from wanting to receive updates or participate.

Anyhow I did not intend to offend anyone and my question was a legitimate one. I am certainly not claiming perfection myself or 100% "signal to noise ratio" as Jason put it. Some noise is the spice that makes life interesting, but too much ruins the dish.

Eagerly looking forward to the announcement today, as I'm sure everyone else is.

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #24,900 of 149,764
bifrost.jpg
I just installed the USB 5 update for Bifrost.

I did it in a different way as seen in the tutorials here.

If you watch the repair video of the optical input at youtube,

you see, that the grey frame is slid out before the board is removed.

If you do it this way you have absolutely no problem lining up the LEDs.

You first insert the board, the LEDs slide in the holes, then you attach the board.

After that you insert the gray frame and add all the remaining screws.

I added a picture where you can see which screws must be removed at the button, all four screws at the top must also be removed.

Now my Lyr is heating up und I will check whether I can hear an improvement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back