Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #23,147 of 149,326
Thanks Jason, I really love reading your chapters. Always interesting to read about "no go" products and the reasons why. It also gives us an idea of how you think, outside the obvious devices you sell.

My next order of Schiit is coming on my birthday, next Tuesday! Pretty cool how that worked out. Very excited!

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #23,148 of 149,326
How did we ever get by before blue painters masking tape?? Since 2013 I have been using a circular hole punch on my collection of blue tape to tame the bright white trademark Schiit LEDs.

This chapter has taught me to think outside the box...... I'm gonna try that green frog tape next!

Thanks Jason, another excellent read.

Hey Pandahead,

Where do ya get those Blue light covers? All their lights on my Schiit gear is toooo bright...I put Band-Aids on them...your Blue Light covers look great!

I also thank Jason for another great Chapter on Schiit! I'm gonna go have to find the book(s) he has written so says another Head-Fier on this thread. I like his writing style!

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #23,150 of 149,326
Hey Pandahead,

Where do ya get those Blue light covers? All their lights on my Schiit gear is toooo bright...I put Band-Aids on them...your Blue Light covers look great!

I also thank Jason for another great Chapter on Schiit! I'm gonna go have to find the book(s) he has written so says another Head-Fier on this thread. I like his writing style!

Just use a hole punch on the blue tape to get perfect circles. I do it with electrical tape to cover the blinking LED on my cable modem.

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #23,152 of 149,326
A question about Jil. Specs on the website say:
Sample rates of 48, 96, and 192kHz allow great flexibility for recording. It isn't possible to record at a sampling rate of 44.1? Some people may want to record and then burn a CD.

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #23,153 of 149,326
Hey Pandahead,

Really. I have been using a variety of blue painters tape. There's different brands thickness and sometimes two layers works just right. Green blue and yellow electrical tape also so I was actually serious about the frog tape too, if I can remember next trip to Ace or the Depot.

Cheers

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #23,154 of 149,326
Aug 2, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #23,155 of 149,326
Yup, Foobar2000 can easily be set up to do just that, or any other audio file conversion you can think of. I had a rip of the rolling stones GRRR! that was in 88.2 and I couldn't get the ALAC conversions to sync with my ipod, foobar solved my problem easily and I've used it as my main audio player ever since.

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #23,156 of 149,326
Jason -

Isn't it true that production of a turntable is a vastly different task than producing electronics? I remember how many of your early problems were related to the production of simple metal boxes.

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #23,157 of 149,326
Jason -

Isn't it true that production of a turntable is a vastly different task than producing electronics? I remember how many of your early problems were related to the production of simple metal boxes.
At its heart, a turntable is a mechanical, not an electrical device. The big factors are vibration, bearings, isolation, stuff like that. Very different from designing electrical circuits.

Aug 3, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #23,158 of 149,326
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 3, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #23,160 of 149,326
Hope not to create a controversy but still I will ask. Regarding Tube spares for Freya. I found the recommended "6SN7 / 6H8C" ones on www.upscaleaudio.com . I want to keep spares so any recommendations on where to buy?. Is there preferred place (Maybe better quality and price) to buy for tubes for Schiit Freya?. Upscale is good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back