Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #22,816 of 152,033
Does the Vidar/Salk combo have lots of PRAT? (Pace, Rythym and Timing).
Do they rock with good ole rock n roll?

Lots of speakers I hear today are very polite and can sound good on some material, but BORING on others. I want to have fun a tap my toes to the music.

I think they are a lot of fun with Rock. I listen to a lot of classic stuff like the Stones, Beatles, and such. The Salk have great balance and amazing bass. The Vidar seems to exert great control to make it sound "right". Of course this is just my opinion, but I am having fun listening to my collection. I am also hearing detail that was not present before. The combo does not hide bad recordings but they are still listenable.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #22,817 of 152,033
Any guess what the new reveals will be? I guessing more TT goodies for those of you who still spin vinyl...I wonder about anymore digital boxes or updates? It'll be another great read for another chapter from Jason regardless of what he reveals in new announcements!

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #22,818 of 152,033
Let's announce the availability of the DIY USB 5 board! Getting impatient! :smile_phones:
Let's advise Mike, Jason and all people at Schiit to take a long, well deserved vacation.
A few weeks deprived of our stupid (ever repeating) demands, questions, statements and gossip will do them good.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #22,821 of 152,033
PRAT. I thought that archaic term of audiophoolery went away a long time ago.

What do you mean "audiophoolery?" I'll have you know I did an experiment, simultaneously playing the same recording on repeat through two amps. One has PRAT and the other doesn't. After two days, the recording through the PRAT amp had played 588 consecutive times whereas the recording through the amp without PRAT played 576 consecutive times. The PRAT version obviously outpaced and outtimed the non-PRAT version. Before making statements like yours, consider my empirical evidence. :beyersmile: Suggestion - Schitt should incorporate a PRAT switch on its gear because sometimes we feel like getting into things and sometimes we don't.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #22,822 of 152,033
What do you mean "audiophoolery?" I'll have you know I did an experiment, simultaneously playing the same recording on repeat through two amps. One has PRAT and the other doesn't. After two days, the recording through the PRAT amp had played 588 consecutive times whereas the recording through the amp without PRAT played 576 consecutive times. The PRAT version obviously outpaced and outtimed the non-PRAT version. Before making statements like yours, consider my empirical evidence. :beyersmile: Suggestion - Schitt should incorporate a PRAT switch on its gear because sometimes we feel like getting into things and sometimes we don't.

LOL.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #22,823 of 152,033
PRAT. I thought that archaic term of audiophoolery went away a long time ago.

Its my experience that it is real, for me. Can't speak for what others hear, but I definitely hear a difference. I have heard plenty of systems with lots of detail, that were completely boring/clinical. Heard others that had a sparkle, boogie or jump as one wouod call it. Its a great hobby and we all have our preferences.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #22,824 of 152,033
If I like the music (and after a few beers), even my phone's speaker has a great PRAT.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #22,825 of 152,033
Joke adapted from another website, hopefully new and not too sophomoric.

Modern Love Story...

An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their mobile phones. The wife was a romantic type and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy.

One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. She decided to send her husband a romantic text message and she wrote:

"If you are sleeping, send me your dreams. If you are laughing, send me your smile. If you are eating, send me a bite. If you are drinking, send me a sip. If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you."

The husband texted back to her: "I'm in the Schittr. Please advise."

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #22,826 of 152,033
PRAT, it's in the Old Norse Illustrated Dictionary of HiFi. There's a picture of two Vidars.:beyersmile:

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #22,827 of 152,033
Suggestion - Schitt should incorporate a PRAT switch on its gear because sometimes we feel like getting into things and sometimes we don't.
Good idea as long as it's on the back.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #22,828 of 152,033
Does that mean gapless playback enhances PRaT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back