Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 15, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #18,934 of 150,556
Apr 15, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #18,935 of 150,556
  And now for something completely different. (Monty Python pun intended).
How can I post a complete review on some hardware?
I could not find the way in "Help and getting started".

Look under the Wiki / Sight Tutorials page 2 I think, I did one once so it is possible, LOL.

Review Tutorial  

Posted 5/5/10 • Last updated 4/7/13 • 1,255 views

Learn:

How To Write A Review

• Navigate to the item page you would like to review.
  • There are a few different "Write A Review" buttons on the page.  Click one of them to open up the review creator.
  • The review creator has a few different fields.  In order to submit your review, you MUST fill in a Review Title, an Overall star rating, and a Full Review.  You are more than welcome to add Pros, Cons, other star ratings, a purchase date, and price paid to tell other users more about your experience.
  • When you are satisfied, click the "Submit Review" button.  At any time, you can edit your review.

How To Edit A Review

• Navigate to the item page whose review you would like to edit or update.
  • If you have already reviewed the product, you will see a status bar at the top of the product page with a link to edit your review.  An "Edit Your Review" button will also appear further down on the page immediately above your review.  Click one of these to open your review editor.
  • The review editor will open with your review title, full review, star ratings, and more.  Feel free to edit your review however you wish.  The only fields that are required when editing your review are the Review Title, the Overall star rating, and a Full Review.
  • When you are satisfied, click the "Submit Review" button.  Your updated review will appear.

What Makes A Great Review?

Great reviews are thorough, honest, and thoughtful.  Whether you love or hate a product, your constructive commentary will add great value to the community.  The best reviews are personal, offer suggestions on the best use of a product, or descriptive reasons about why the item just didn't work for you. 

Can I Review My Own Products or Business I Am Connected To?

The focus of our community is user generated content. To preserve its integrity, you should not review your own products or business or a business at which you have been or are currently employed.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #18,936 of 150,556
Apr 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #18,939 of 150,556
Hmm. Still no Vidar huh?

Did I miss some change? I thought it was going to be released sooner than this.

I had really hoped to try a Vidar, but I couldn't wait any longer. Needed an amp for my desktop setup. Bought a used Emotiva UPA-2 on craigslist for only $200 and I'm really liking it thus far.

Way more power than I need for my RBH 41-se's and dead silent in the noise department from what I can tell, when fed from my Schiit Jotunheim as a pre-amp.

I only wish the RCA outs would shut off when the amp went into standby. That way I could leave my sub in auto-on mode and control speaker power solely using the Emotiva standby switch.

As it stands I'm having to use a remote controller power strip to turn the sub and amp off, or the sub keeps going when I'm listening to headphones :p

I still might need a dedicated power amp for my RBH SX-6300 towers in my HT setup though. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Vidar after all...

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #18,940 of 150,556
Hmm. Still no Vidar huh?

Last update I saw said six weeks assuming no problems.  That would have made the release date Mid May...

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #18,942 of 150,556
Apr 15, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #18,943 of 150,556
Hmm. Still no Vidar huh?

I had really hoped to try a Vidar, but I couldn't wait any longer. Needed an amp for my desktop setup. Bought a used Emotiva UPA-2 on craigslist for only $200 and I'm really liking it thus far.

Way more power than I need for my RBH 41-se's and dead silent in the noise department from what I can tell, when fed from my Schiit Jotunheim as a pre-amp.

I only wish the RCA outs would shut off when the amp went into standby. That way I could leave my sub in auto-on mode and control speaker power solely using the Emotiva standby switch.

As it stands I'm having to use a remote controller power strip to turn the sub and amp off, or the sub keeps going when I'm listening to headphones :p

I still might need a dedicated power amp for my RBH SX-6300 towers in my HT setup though. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Vidar after all...

Be aware Vidar has no concessions for HT - no relay switching, auto sensing or remote turn on. You'll still need the remote control power strip. And you might find 100 wpc a little ...enthusiastic... for near field listening. It's designed more for running speakers on the other side of a medium to large room.

[edit] Ah. I see the UPA-2 is rated for 125 w so you'll be used to overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back