Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #18,916 of 150,690
  Emotiva has finally come around to the Schiit way of pricing at last. I was really getting tired of waiting until certain times of the year to get my gear, knowing that sales were always around the corner. Their club thing they got rid of long ago was an even worse idea. I'm just glad I got my XMC HDMI 1.4b for $1700 on their last sale.

https://emotiva.com/whats-new/important-message-about-pricing-dan-laufman

I intended to buy a set of Emotiva Airmotiv 4s when they were $300 to use as computer speakers. I was not aware they must have been on sale. A few days later when I was ready to pull the trigger they were $100 more. I totally see how offering promotional discounts may actually be harmful to a company, because it turned me off from buying those speakers, and I've been looking for alternatives since then.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #18,917 of 150,690

I intended to buy a set of Emotiva Airmotiv 4s when they were $300 to use as computer speakers. I was not aware they must have been on sale. A few days later when I was ready to pull the trigger they were $100 more. I totally see how offering promotional discounts may actually be harmful to a company, because it turned me off from buying those speakers, and I've been looking for alternatives since then.

Keep an eye out on eBay. I picked up a lightly used pair of original Airmotiv 5 for $290/pair. They sound sweet.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #18,918 of 150,690
Oh boy, my Spotify feed just fired up Requiem: Lacrimosa, Kings College, Cambridge.  I needed that.
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #18,919 of 150,690

They recently did a price increase on several items, with their monitors being one of them. I know the Stealth 8's went from being $749 each to $899 each (ouch, glad I got mine before that). This is the type of thing they are trying to avoid in the future, I believe. A few members on their forums feel a bit sour that they are keeping the new prices, even though they are stopping the sales.

Apparently Emotiva has claimed to no longer be doing sales before, and then started them again shortly after. So it's not impossible they'll have another sale.

And as another member said, keep an eye on ebay, especially their ebay seller jadedesign. My brother got a used pair of 5S for $275 (this was before the price hike).

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #18,920 of 150,690
  Apparently Emotiva has claimed to no longer be doing sales before, and then started them again shortly after. So it's not impossible they'll have another sale.

They had put out feelers a couple years ago, asking people if they liked the sales, and it was an overwhelming yes at the time. From the sound of the post that Dan made, it looks like they just can't keep prices low enough during the non-sale times to make it worth while anymore. I totally understand that.

It's too bad their powered speakers went up in price and are staying there, though. Their prices make more sense now for the kind of products they are, I guess.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #18,921 of 150,690
Apr 15, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #18,923 of 150,690
After drinking several cups of coffee at the Schiitr , I plan to take a huge dump in their toilet and not flush .
I figure this act will improve the atmosphere of the newly opened store .

No, don't be that way.
Bring some nice Petite Fours for them people.
We all want it to last.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #18,925 of 150,690
  No, don't be that way.
Bring some nice Petite Fours for them people.
We all want it to last.

Better yet, bring $$$.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #18,928 of 150,690
Apr 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #18,930 of 150,690
The sketch predates Blackadder, and Mr Bean. Must be late 70s or very early 80s. I certainly remember the series when it was first broadcast, which makes me feel quite old... :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back