Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #18,436 of 155,154

I'm old enough to remember when American audio manufactures stated going offshore............not to China, but to Japan.
wink.gif

You must remember Zenith TV's old slogan. A distant whisper from the past.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #18,439 of 155,154
That's really a picture of Mike from high school when he was in the ham radio club!:wink:

Actually, looks like one of my GFs when I was in high school. Great kisser though.
L3000.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #18,440 of 155,154
Jason Stoddard: Three serious questions about the #Schittr:

1. Can Head-Fi groups (from near and far) sign up to have a Meetup in that Schiitr? Reserve it for groups of appropriate size?

2. Can we put you in touch with people, from say Dynaudio, to rotate the speaker selection?

3. Does the Schittr have an adjacent or attached coutryard or lawn or outdoor space? If so, can we petition for the Schiitgarten Biergarten?

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #18,441 of 155,154
@Jason Stoddard: Three serious questions about the #Schittr:

1. Can Head-Fi groups (from near and far) sign up to have a Meetup in that Schiitr? Reserve it for groups of appropriate size?

2. Can we put you in touch with people, from say Dynaudio, to rotate the speaker selection?

3. Does the Schittr have an adjacent or attached coutryard or lawn or outdoor space? If so, can we petition for the Schiitgarten Biergarten?

I'd say yes to all, though we'd have to work out some of the details, of course. It was an exhausting runup to the opening.

And yes, with respect to #3 specifically, we share a patio with a Mexican restaurant, though that would require coordination with them.

Give us a little time to get our feet under us, and we'll be open to all sorts of interesting ideas.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #18,442 of 155,154

I'd say yes to all, though we'd have to work out some of the details, of course. It was an exhausting runup to the opening.

And yes, with respect to #3 specifically, we share a patio with a Mexican restaurant, though that would require coordination with them.

Give us a little time to get our feet under us, and we'll be open to all sorts of interesting ideas.

You be under  my powah!  The Power of Toad compels you...

Vali of The Toad

Cuz it is intredasting to me.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #18,443 of 155,154
  Whose picture is that on the wall in the 2-channel room?

I wonder if that is the Vidar prototype from RMAF that did not go into thermal shutdown. Those Salk 3 speakers, when driven by 2 Vidar's in mono block, fed by Iggy and Freya, are really, really nice speakers.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #18,444 of 155,154

If you guys are looking at other speakers to show, I am still hoping you get in touch with Ascend Acoustics and try a pair of Sierra Towers with RAAL tweeters. They are an easy load to drive and they love power. The newly released Luna speakers are fantastic for desktop audio, too. Assembled and tested in CA, located in San Clemente. I think a lot of people would be thrilled to own an audio chain that is completely made in California and doesn't cost a ridiculous sum of money.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #18,445 of 155,154

Whose picture is that on the wall in the 2-channel room?

I wonder if that is the Vidar prototype from RMAF that did not go into thermal shutdown. Those Salk 3 speakers, when driven by 2 Vidar's in mono block, fed by Iggy and Freya, are really, really nice speakers.

I have a pair of Song 3's ordered.   Thinking Vidar's down the road :)

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #18,447 of 155,154

​Excellent initiative! I was planning to drive over there to take a look today, but SigAlert says that LA traffic isn't cooperating. Next Saturday is CanJam, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I'll get a chance to check out the place. I'm looking forward to visiting!

OOoooooo...CanJam. I have been considering going but as I do not do well in crowds I am uncertain.  Being Alpha Nerd and tending to speak what little mind I have quite freely, I often avoid going to such venues.

Butt...I missed the Schitt Show II this year and need  a fix of the silliness that so often fills the very air, if not just the elevators between floors.  Or some thing like that. 

I reckon come and talk to people -- speak your mind indeed. It's always good to see members in person and joke about all the stuff we take too seriously on the forums. I only regret I can't attend this year because of other work.

About the rest, reminds me of a story about... art.  My family were members of the Australian National Gallery many years ago, and if there is any place where the ******** level is at a maximum, it is art. Despite that, it was enjoyable to go to the occasional exhibition, have priority access and a reserved cafe to eat at. Despite not really being someone who could appreciate art, especially as a teenager at the time, I do have good memories of the Turner, anchient artifact and some others which were quite dramatic. The real art was the set-up of the art, as much as the art itself. 

Anyhow, at the time I was in university, and a very hightly regarded lecturer of mine, university-level fluent in Chinese and expert in the country and its culture such that he had published books in the language (appreciable as they have 80,000 characters, of which 10,000 are required to read a newspaper). He had written an article in the gallery magazine, and being an incredibly interesting man and great writer, I was looking foward to reading it. However, he had used so many words that I'd never seen before, let alone knew the meaning of, that even a single paragraph was nigh on incomprehensible without a dictionary at hand, and likely the full-sized Oxford.  Knowing how easy-going and non-stuffy this man was (while discussing a term paper, we would talk about just how troublesome dating Chinese women were) I have long suspected that the whole article was bulls**t and he wrote it very deliberately in a super-pretentious manner, with language that he knew nobody would understand, to avoid ever having to discuss its contents with anyone, and to ensure that nobody ever asked him his opinion on anything regarding art.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #18,450 of 155,154

You'll want better hours, 12-8 makes much more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back