Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #18,346 of 149,288
  Dude, you nailed it.  Well done!!

Thank-you...but to be fair, I did spot it on Schiit's website this morning, Europe time. I nearly dropped my first coffee of the day when I read it !!

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #18,350 of 149,288
Sounds like a great idea, shame I live so far away
redface.gif
. Good luck with it though! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #18,352 of 149,288
  Also, I probably can't emphasize this enough:
consider this a beta.

We're still getting set up, and a lot of details haven't been 100% solidified.

That sort of thing sometimes happens in a Schittr. 
wink.gif

Best of luck Jason, I hope this scares the crap out of the over-priced competition!

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #18,353 of 149,288
My GPS shows that address in Santa Clarita. Same place??

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #18,354 of 149,288
Exciting! Wish I were even remotely close. Good place to audition the Vidar. I guess I'm a bit lucky though, because otherwise I would buy even more Schiit. And then I would be in trouble.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #18,357 of 149,288
Ah...A hejira of toadish proportions is on the horizon!  One that only an ancient amphibian, lacking not only opposable thumbs but all so social skills such as axing for directions could under take in search of the meaning of Schitt.

Pray tell, wilt thou have the "Vali of The Toad®" on display for all to genuflect before or shall the Holie of Holies, the "Schiitr Throne®" ( Historically hysterical NOTE: many years past, toilets in jails were elevated above the hoi polloi, thus they were spoken of in reverent tones as "Thrones")  be at last visible to the naked eye and the attendant ear?

Congratulations on following what ever voice you heard.  There is nothing wrong in being "retro".  In doing this you pay homage to a glorious past whilst staying true to your vision of the present and the future yet to be written.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #18,358 of 149,288
The Schittr finally gives me reason to return to SoCal. At least there is now one good thing about LA! NorCal forever! 

Serious Schiit question:

For those of us who do not want to mess with tubes / Freya is not ideal, would it be possible to do Yiggy DAC > Balanced XLR > Jotunheim > Balanced XLR > x2 Vidar Monos? How much "worse" would this be compared to Freya Passive/JFET modes? (I would miss the remote control with the Jot!)

Another question about the Jotunheim: By adding the Passive Phono card, is it possible to simply connect ANY turntable? What is meant by passive here? Is additional equipment necessary?

Thanks.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #18,360 of 149,288
Can we get an item called the "gottabe Schit nme"?

(nme stands for "new music experience", natch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back