Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 19, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #16,456 of 149,495
  If you zoom in you can read the white print on the PCB...

wink.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #16,457 of 149,495
Jan 19, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #16,460 of 149,495
  Thats one ****ty review if im honest.

I thought so myself at first, Then I started Reading the review of the Mytec Brooklyn and he was talking about food and hipsters. I find it Odd that He essentially said if he was not an Audio Reviewer, Yggy and Raggy would be end game but then seemed concerned about measurements that do not fit into Box properly, which he then admitted was Probably a condition rarely if ever seen when playing Real Music. 

A Magni 3 Huh, I was to Busy Ogling at the well endowed Vidar. Mike Has added posted some info or a tease maybe more appropriate about the Manhattan on his thread. Then There is the MIA Cthulhu.This year is looking like it will have some very interesting products from the Schitt Team.

The Freya is a Temptress that will get me Murdered by the way. It is About 6:30 AM my time and I have been listening to music via my 2 channel rig for a little while now. If I go silent you know what happened.The Wife woke up and got into a Cat fight with Freya and I came up the ultimate loser. It was absolutely worth it. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #16,463 of 149,495

Thing is, the metal front/top cover acts as a form of RFI shield too, which is proven to help against cases where phones are used near these audio devices; the RFI transmitted by phones will interfere with the SQ of amps if they are not shielded properly.

My attempt at humor evidently failed. I suppose that I get the Rodney Dangerfield award.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #16,464 of 149,495
I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with the global distribution network. I think it is more to do with their products being so popular at launch they can't keep up with demand so the rest of the world gets dealt with once their local market is mostly done for the on release buyers.

It can be frustrating but that is just how it is, a company will always deal with its biggest market first. A good example of this is the Focal launch which started in America despite the fact they are made in France and that was once again down to targeting the biggest market first.

Hope that helps and if anyone from Schiit can correct me feel free :)

I think it might also be related to the individual retailers. Schiit eu is not controlled by schiit. They act as an independent reseller. We don't know what controls they have for supply chain management, or product selection. They have chosen not to offer both optional modules for jot, for example. Maybe they order in response to request?

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #16,468 of 149,495

Been on the hunt for a black Valhalla 2 and/or Jotunheim for a while now and I'd lose my Schiit over a black Mjolnir 2 but it seems almost impossible to come by as someone located in the EU. Either way this is mostly theoretical and I understand if you don't want to go in-depth about it other than just "na not gonna happen" but it is something I'm very curious about.

I know for a fact that black Jotunheims were available in the USA for the first few weeks of December, and I think I've seen black MJ2 and Valhalla 2 at one point or another. I debated buying the black Jotunheim for quite a while.  The kicker is that I don't know if USA availability means availability in EU, so YMMV. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #16,469 of 149,495
I reckon it's a semi deliberate tease!

Especially since it's partially blocked, but you can just so happen to make out "Magni 3"

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #16,470 of 149,495
I reckon it's a semi deliberate tease!

...maybe.   I only met Jason once, at RMAF, but he was more willing to share hints about future products one-on-one (or one-on-three-or-so) than here, probably because he didn't expect us to go blabbing.

It may be a relatively early prototype.  How many board cycles has Vidar gone through that we know about?  It may not happen until next year, if at all.  It may appear under a different name.  The original Fulla was called "dingleberry" for the longest time.

In any event, intentional or not, it is a tease, but I'm not going to be breathlessly pestering Jason about it here.   Let it happen.  Or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back