Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 18, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #16,426 of 151,444
The silver finish has a huge advantage that no one has mentioned though... You can't see the dust on it! 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #16,427 of 151,444
About black Schiit... I can see where you guys are coming from (friend also asking about it), but really, I rather have the crew channeling their energy into making things sound better than outer appearances, especially when these gear can just be tucked away into an obscure corner.

Or even better, there are (3D) printers. You should be able to figure the rest out :wink:

For the record, I am neutral on this; I will go for whichever sounds better at said price point. My Mimby is proving to be one of the best tech purchases I ever have made!

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #16,428 of 151,444
  The silver finish has a huge advantage that no one has mentioned though... You can't see the dust on it! 
tongue_smile.gif

Keep the lights dim.

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #16,430 of 151,444
  Everything has been black since the 80s, it's starting to look cheap and dated.

Back in the day I bought an Acoustat TNT-200 power amp because it was silver. Well, that and it sounded really good and had gobs of power. I've been tired of all-black everything since I ditched my Doc Martens and shaved off my mohawk. I'm totally fine with Schiit's silver æsthetic.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #16,432 of 151,444
  All this talk about customization got my brain thinking..Jason should have a section on the Schiit website dedicated for accessories after your warranty dries up...they can call it....

"Pimp My Schiit"

Shouldn't that be "Polishing the Schiit"?

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #16,433 of 151,444
Jan 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #16,435 of 151,444
I like the silver. Everything on my desk is black, so it gives the desk some contrast.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #16,437 of 151,444
"While we have no problem with MQA as a format that can be decoded by a software player, we have extreme objections to them knowing, and, worse, dictating, aspects of our DACs’ code."

Thank you for this statement; that SHOULD clear up some misconceptions about Schiit's (very reasonable) stance on MQA.

For my own part, I haven't been able to tell the difference between MQA files and Hi-Res files on TIDAL. I am impressed, however, by their overall selection. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #16,438 of 151,444
 it seems almost impossible to come by as someone located in the EU. 

Can I flag this up, I'm also based in the EU (at least for the coming 2 years...) and find it frustrating that new products reach (local EU schiit distributor sites) months after they 
are introduced in the US? I waited months when the Yggy came out... and now with Freya.. This is beyond frustrating. How long does it tale to ship a box across the Atlantic?

I think you guys want Schiit to be a global brand (how can it not be? Think Big) - I know many people in the old world would want that too.  
I hope you'll sort out better global distribution in the (near) future. I understand its difficult because you work direct and don't have 'dealers' (for all the right reasons, BTW) but this is a global world. 

Thanks for making all those great products, BTW. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #16,439 of 151,444
Can I flag this up, I'm also based in the EU (at least for the coming 2 years...) and find it frustrating that new products reach (local EU schiit distributor sites) months after they 
are introduced in the US? I waited months when the Yggy came out... and now with Freya.. This is beyond frustrating. How long does it tale to ship a box across the Atlantic?

I think you guys want Schiit to be a global brand (how can it not be? Think Big) - I know many people in the old world would want that too.  
I hope you'll sort out better global distribution in the (near) future. I understand its difficult because you work direct and don't have 'dealers' (for all the right reasons, BTW) but this is a global world. 

Thanks for making all those great products, BTW. 

I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with the global distribution network. I think it is more to do with their products being so popular at launch they can't keep up with demand so the rest of the world gets dealt with once their local market is mostly done for the on release buyers.

It can be frustrating but that is just how it is, a company will always deal with its biggest market first. A good example of this is the Focal launch which started in America despite the fact they are made in France and that was once again down to targeting the biggest market first.

Hope that helps and if anyone from Schiit can correct me feel free :)

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #16,440 of 151,444
I have one black piece of Schiit a Bimby. Got it in black cause I is the center piece to my system. Why a Bimby as the center piece? Because it's for the music I own (cd's) 16 bit.... not for music I have to buy...for music I own .I am proud. For vinyl a mani. Again for the music I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back