Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 4, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #15,886 of 150,837
The Freya chassis gets fairly warm and the tubes give off heat of course but not even close to the amount of heat given off by the Ragnarok. I haven't noticed much difference in heat output from different modes but I suspect it will be much cooler in passive mode if the tubes are removed, something I haven't tried yet. 

Quote:

Sound quality differences NOT withstanding, is there a significant difference in the amount of heat generated, (at a given gain setting), for the three different operational modes?  How does this heat generation compare to Ragnarok?...and is it really possible to run Freya safely with the tubes removed...or should there be something placed in those female pin cylinders...?...Oh, and do they make elevated tube "high-chairs" for those tubes so as to make regularly removing/replacing/exchanging tubes, (cheap for usually on but not necessarily heard vs. select tubes for listening), more convenient as well as increasing longevity of the female pin cylinders?...

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #15,888 of 150,837
  Still haven't gotten my shipping notice, and I ordered in the first few hours. Assuming/hoping it will be today. But maybe they had a huge number of orders the first day. 

It is seeming like they did get a lot of orders out of the Gate. Either that or the Assembly and burn in process is more time consuming. All this Talk about Freya, We almost forgot about the other product that got pushed back. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #15,894 of 150,837

Yep. even if you accidentally select the tube output, no sound will pass from the output.

Yes you can. But the Yggy fits under the Freya better than on top. 
wink.gif

Thanks guys. Yeah, I wish I could afford Yggy at this time!

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #15,895 of 150,837

This. FedEx sucks. They are slow and their tracking is useless. USPS is faster, cheaper, with better tracking. I always dread when stuff is shipped with FedEx.

Being that the "Home Delivery" service is so inconsistent and wonky, I'm surprised they tarnish the FedEx name with it.  Should be "SDS (Some Day Soon) Home Delivery (A subsidiary of FedEx)".

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #15,897 of 150,837
Being that the "Home Delivery" service is so inconsistent and wonky, I'm surprised they tarnish the FedEx name with it.  Should be "SDS (Some Day Soon) Home Delivery (A subsidiary of FedEx)".

FedEx home is the worst. My house has been here since 1989 and they can't find it. My development is shaped like a L. It is literally 2 streets. 90% of the time they deliver to the wrong street.

Once I had a audio repair being sent back and they insisted on Shipping FedEx Ground. I begged them not to and they suggested adding shipping notes.

I had them leave a lengthy note basically telling them to come to the second street not the first. The delivery guy got grumpy with my wife. He is lucky I wasn't home.

I eventually figured out that you could redirect to a local FedEx facility and when something has to be sent FedEx Ground I do that. It usually costs me a day, but I get my product.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #15,900 of 150,837
Well I have been fooling around with the Freya for about an hour in passive mode with a Yggy and Genelec monitors. 

All i can say is wow. The yggy is offering even more detail while listening to Bill Evans Sunday at the Village Vanguard. 

I have some tubes coming in as I do not wanna make a judgement with the stock tubes in tube output mode. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back