Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 24, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #6,513 of 150,789
  Oh yea, and a toaster, controlled by an iPhone.  Or a bidet.

A toaster controlled by an iPhone I could see, but a Schiit bidet?  
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #6,514 of 150,789
May 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #6,517 of 150,789
Pre-amp with a built in phono stage would be awesome PLEASE!!!

May 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #6,518 of 150,789
Volume Knob - This may have been brought up previouly but I'd like a volume knob on my Schitt boxes that have an improved grip, literally.

An example of the "etched feel" that I'm referring to would be the VK surface of the HA-2 from OPPO.

My Uber version of my M/M combo has the very smooth VK surface and I'd pay an extra few $ for a surer grab of the knob, if that makes sense?

Is a personal preference possibly.

Thanks.

May 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #6,520 of 150,789
Volume Knob - This may have been brought up previouly but I'd like a volume knob on my Schitt boxes that have an improved grip, literally.

An example of the "etched feel" that I'm referring to would be the VK surface of the HA-2 from OPPO.

My Uber version of my M/M combo has the very smooth VK surface and I'd pay an extra few $ for a surer grab of the knob, if that makes sense?

Is a personal preference possibly.

Thanks.

I think somebody posted in one of the threads about buying rubber o-rings and put them on the VK to get a good grip.

May 24, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #6,523 of 150,789
What do I not like able schiit product...(Rag and yggy stack here)

The one major thing is obviously having to leave yggy on 24/7..

I think both can benefit from a better Power supply.

I would really love to see schiit build a music server... considering a decent diy version will cost around $3000 and an all in one solution north of $5000 for a good one.

I am sure schiit can build one sounding just as good if not better for a lot less $$$.. 

on top of that it will perfectly match my rag and yggy...

May 25, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #6,524 of 150,789
What issues to you have with their power supplies?

It has always appeared to me that Schiit Audio has gone above and beyond when designing the power supply for most of their components. For instance, an audiophile/music lover buddy of mine brought over his new $800 headphone amp that Stereophile has placed in their "Class A" of Recommended Components. Even with his own headphones and music that he brought with him he preferred the $250 Asgard 2. We removed the cover off of his HP amp and the power supply was less than a quarter of the size of the one that uses in their Asgard 2. I'm not implying that the power supply alone is telltale sign of a well designed component yet it's apparent to be that Schiit Audio offers a great deal more for the money than many other well known/better-known audio components. Sometimes I feel like the lower than usual price on some of their gear prevents it from being taken seriously by many in the audiophile community. 

Best of luck with your Rag and Yggy! 

May 25, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #6,525 of 150,789
Yes I scared one lass, when I told her how much my Ragnarok was. She said I was bonkers and that was the last time I have seen her. I do not drink, do drugs, gamble or even play golf, so why do people weird out over such spending lol.

Most Women have a heavy double standard, its nothing new :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back