Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,626 of 150,704
  Is Yggy going to be as large as Ragnarog, or will it have a smaller form factor?

Pretty sure it will be the same size for stacking. Also generally same class Schiit gear comes in similar form factor.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #2,629 of 150,704

OK Kothganesh, I'm culturally jealous. Not only do you get 20+ festivals, you have the coolest looking gods - multiple arms, blue skin and elephant heads! Not to mention all the great literature; the Bhagavad Gita, the Mahabharata, the Samaveda, Rigveda and Daarthveda...

All we get is one guy with beard and sandals - no comparison.

I just saw this! The literature is truly awesome.... the gods are absolutely the coolest looking...gives one the sense of awe and power as well.
beerchug.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #2,631 of 150,704
I read Yggy as 'it gee'. Can someone tell me the proper way to do it xD

The same way You pronounce Iggy Pop. At least that's how I pronounce it.

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #2,632 of 150,704
Hello Down-under ,

That ODAC is super , I own one and am continually delighted with it's performance , I'll probably purchase one of their matching Amps based on how good I now know their stuff to be .   

I also own and love the Asgard 2 .  

I'm much more a Professional than a Consumer so I'm quite surprised to have this high level of performance from such modest equipment , In my World $250 won't move the needle .  

Tony in Michigan 

Yeah the ODAC really is something, that sabre chip is definitely not a slouch, and its implementation although very basic compared to the solution in the Bifrost can deliver a lot of smiles as long as you like a neutral sound and aren't pushing headphones with a signature you don't like.

The Bifrost is just so future-proof (waiting for the world to invert for using that phrase) that is was the next logical step for me. Next is to find a pair of headphones that can offer an equivalent price-performance ratio. Maybe the alpha dogs if I can ever try them in AUS.

Thanks guys!

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #2,633 of 150,704

Yggdrasil is in the same size chassis as Ragnarok.

Thanks for the confirmation. Definitely too huge for me, but then again Bifrost Uber sounds so fantastic I'm not sure I need anything better.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #2,634 of 150,704
I heard a rumour that they were working on a class D amp for the past 2 years called the Bardarbunga.

The problem is it keeps blowing up.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #2,635 of 150,704
Sep 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #2,636 of 150,704
Hello Alex ,  

It's hard to surpass the Sennheiser HD 580/600 , used they fetch between $150 to $250 US. on ebay .  I own a 15 year old HD 580 that continues to perform to high standards ( never heard of these wearing out ) , they are on Tyll's Wall of Fame ( for good reason , to my mind ) . 

Thank You for writing back ,

Congrads on your Bifrost , where would we be without Schiit ? , nice to have Standards like this to base all our comparisons on and it's nice to see near Professional level performance at below Chinese level price points , ( they're showing everyone how a 21st Century Business can be effective and prosper ) .

Your Darko is one good writer , he's so smooth with his elegant adjatives and adverbs , might need a bit of coaching on the technical side ( I'm sure they'll get that for him ) , what a treasure ; someone that can write .

Bon Vivant ,

Tony In Michigan 

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #2,638 of 150,704

I think i remember reading somewhere they use the same size transformers.

Chassis yes.  Transformers no.  Yggdrasil needs power to run what is essentially a very sophisticated computer.  The latest revision that I have seen has three good sized transformers.  Ragnarok needs to have tons of power to run speakers and headphones.  It has a giant 10-pound transformer bolted to the chassis and a smaller transformer on a  separate board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back