Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,141 of 149,450
  You could hire a marketing company to take care of all that stuff for you... oh, wait... :wink:

Yep, and the First Law of Marketing states, "If you're going to be busy, everything is going to hit at once." So, yeah.

Back to the schiit mines now...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,142 of 149,450
  Yep, and the First Law of Marketing states, "If you're going to be busy, everything is going to hit at once." So, yeah.

So you could say the Schiit has hit the fan?

Sorry. 
frown.gif
 That was a Schiit joke. You've probably heard them all a million times before. I'll stop!

May 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,143 of 149,450
Are you serious? First I find out there's no Game of Thrones this week, and now my favourite weekly installment of Schiit isn't available either? 'Tis a sad week for me. 
frown.gif

May 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,144 of 149,450

Wait.  You have to mine that craap now?!

I guess all the easy surface pickings have gotten pretty slim by now.  Price of success...   

May 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,145 of 149,450
  Are you serious? First I find out there's no Game of Thrones this week, and now my favourite weekly installment of Schiit isn't available either? 'Tis a sad week for me. 
frown.gif

And, the one Monday, I can sleep in!

May 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #1,146 of 149,450
I bit the bullet for a full Schiit stack after reading this one too. And I'm planning to buy even more Schiit in future. :cool:

I was also influenced by HeadFi forums to take a dip into Schiit, glad I did! My Valhalla/Modi combination makes my 650's sing (when connected to the right computer, my laptop and Modi do not get along :sob:). Next a Lyr/Bitfrost combo!

May 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,147 of 149,450
frown.gif

There's an out for you re. GoT.  The first 5 books are available, which will quite successfully wean you off of the TV series addiction.  Then you'll join the rest of us waiting for the 6th and final(?) installment.

But it'll take care of this week, to be sure.  And maybe we can do a consolidated poster contributed installment for Jason this week.  I know I've got some pinch-off experience I can relate...

May 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #1,148 of 149,450

There's an out for you re. GoT.  The first 5 books are available, which will quite successfully wean you off of the TV series addiction.  Then you'll join the rest of us waiting for the 6th and final(?) installment.

But it'll take care of this week, to be sure.  And maybe we can do a consolidated poster contributed installment for Jason this week.  I know I've got some pinch-off experience I can relate...

I am purposely reading book 5 super slow and going to other books so I can still live in the GoT world until book 6!!!

May 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #1,149 of 149,450
Yeah, the thing that flabbergasts me most is that nothing and nobody is sacred in that series.  You just can't predict where Martin will take you next (altho I have my suspicions about how he'll extricate himself out of the book 5 doom that he threw us into).

Are we there yet?  Oops, wrong thread. 
wink.gif

May 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #1,150 of 149,450
Yes. They suck mightily. They are a huge distraction. And ten thousand things go wrong that you never expect. And ten thousand people ask to borrow stuff. And and and...sometimes I wonder why we bother, it's not like we're looking for distributors or dealers. 
You're keeping a high profile. Keep it up, and I'll see you on Saturday! Cheers!

May 29, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,152 of 149,450

So that makes the title of this chapter, "Trade Shows always consume more of your time than you expect."  :)

Yes. They suck mightily. They are a huge distraction. And ten thousand things go wrong that you never expect. And ten thousand people ask to borrow stuff. And and and...sometimes I wonder why we bother, it's not like we're looking for distributors or dealers. 

That said, it's still probably the most efficient way to get a lot of people trying Schiit out in a relatively short span of time. 
smile.gif

May 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,153 of 149,450

Good sir, congratulations. You are busy in a sucky economy. You hold the admiration of thousands of loyal customers and Head-fi members. Schiit has changed the landscape of the headphone audio market. Your biggest worry is showing up in front of a crowd of admiring fans, and spending three days in a row smiling, laughing, joking, and taking orders.

Damn. Life is Good.

beerchug.gif

May 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,154 of 149,450
That said, it's still probably the most efficient way to get a lot of people trying Schiit out in a relatively short span of time.  :smile:
[/quote

Jason, hopefully you can enjoy some of the fine wine and cigars Stereophile is advertising!

On another account, my compliments on Nick, he has been incredibly helpful this week, even with Newport looming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back