Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #14,536 of 151,794
I am inspired by your company's work: good-sounding audio electronics at affordable prices.  I just received my new Vali 2 and have Haitink's excellent 1963 Bruckner 3rd (original Philips LP) playing through it, and am anxiously awaiting my new Modi Multibit.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #14,539 of 151,794
As I am thinking about all the ways one could use a Fulla 2. I noticed in the FAQ that plugging in headphones will mute the pre out's. But I have some other questions about the operation that i may have missed the answers to.

Are both The Variable Pre out and the fixed Pre out active at the same time or can you only use one at a time?If it is only one at a time which one has priority?

There is an Analog input and a USB(Digital) Input. How do you or can you even choose which input is being used? If you cannot select inputs, will one input override the other ?

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #14,540 of 151,794
  I love flexible equipment like the Fulla 2, there's just so many possibilities. With the analog input, you could use this with 2 channel preamps and receivers that didn't bother including a headphone jack.

Like The Saga and the one that shall not be mentioned? Another use case to add to the list.

Edit: As I re read my comment. I must say I am indiferent to an HP jack on pre amps or amps for 2 channel gear. HP amps exist for that. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #14,542 of 151,794
From the Users Manual

"FULLA 2 OPERATION
Select “I’m Fulla Schiit” in Control Panel/ Sound Devices (PC) or in System Prefs/ Sound (Mac.)
Play some music (some music players will have to be set to “I’m Fulla Schiit” too.)
That’s it! No drivers, no buttons, no pain. Just bountiful, healing music."

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #14,543 of 151,794
I've been borrowing my dad's Dragonfly Red to connect my MacBook to a vintage receiver via 1/8 to RCA cables to play Tidal in a 2 channel system.

Fulla 2 will accomplish the same thing using it as DAC only fixed (at a cheaper price) except for i have to plug it using a phone charger? Is that right?

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #14,544 of 151,794
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 6, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #14,545 of 151,794
The really important question is, however, does it still ID as, "I'm Fulla Schiit"?

ID as in "I'm Fulla Schiit" shows up in the device manager when you plug it in?

Bahaha. Awesome.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #14,546 of 151,794
I've been borrowing my dad's Dragonfly Red to connect my MacBook to a vintage receiver via 1/8 to RCA cables to play Tidal in a 2 channel system.

Fulla 2 will accomplish the same thing using it as DAC only fixed (at a cheaper price) except for i have to plug it using a phone charger? Is that right?

I think a Modi 2 is as good or better choice for that, using the same amount of bux, or get an Uber for a little more.

I think.  That's what I would do, but I've never had any desire or need to do battle against Apple USB.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #14,548 of 151,794
  2016, Chapter 16:
Even More Fulla It

Ah, the poor, forgotten Fulla. It’s amazing to me that over 2 years have gone by since we introduced (what we thought was) a giant-killer: a powerful, good-sounding dongle-DAC with an analog volume pot, available at the then-crazy price of $79. 

AWWW MY GAWWD IT'S ugly! Codename Cthulhu indeed. 

GLWS and a successful launch! The company better have some high life insurance policies on you and Mike, if you guys keep disrupting the market!

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #14,549 of 151,794

AWWW MY GAWWD IT'S ugly! Codename Cthulhu indeed. 

GLWS and a successful launch! The company better have some high life insurance policies on you and Mike, if you guys keep disrupting the market!

That's not Cthulu.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back