Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #14,521 of 151,801
just read the whole story about the fulla 2 it sounds really great and i can see alot of use for it for alot of people i know that just want a really nice sound upgrade and not want to spend loads of money and have something tiny/portable im pretty curious now about the specs and what others think of it :)

im all new here and like reading your stories while listening to my 650 with bifrost uber with asgard 2 
i think i can see myself getting something like this for using with my laptop at work or school if i want to use some great headphones 

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #14,522 of 151,801
  As User of the Original Fulla for my work computers that will not allow driver installs because the security Nazi's must not allow us little people to do anything. Oddly I spent part of last night looking for a small USB DAC  that did not need drivers so I did not need a second computer on my desk just to stream music from tidal or talk shows from the internet while I worked. A DAC only so that Ican route it through a My Magni 2 U, which also is a preamp to my desktop speaker amp. I Just Bought one. It's Not The Goddess of Cats, But It will take the edge off the wait.

Not much more wait on Freya. We're just waiting for production now.

Two other notes on Fulla 2:

1. Nobody will complain about the bright power LED. There isn't any.
2. The feet aren't stick-on. They're pressed in. Big time!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 6, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #14,524 of 151,801

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #14,526 of 151,801
  Does a USB decrapifier help Fulla sound better?

Since it actually uses USB power, I wonder...

I assume just using an auxiliary USB power from a phone charger would do the trick. And then all the filtering is done by the Fulla itself. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #14,527 of 151,801
What would be REALLY cool is if the Full 2 could pass through excess power it doesn't need from the aux power jack and use it to keep the phone/tablet it's plugged into charged.

Not sure if that is possible within the USB spec, because I THINK that you can be in host mode (in which you control the device and provide power) or in device mode (in which you are controlled by the host and re drive power) but not a combination of the two.

I could be wrong though, these things are not my forte.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #14,528 of 151,801

I assume just using an auxiliary USB power from a phone charger would do the trick. And then all the filtering is done by the Fulla itself. 

It's a $99 product. We covered the issue of fancy power supplies in the FAQ. Use your phone charger.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #14,530 of 151,801
  Does a USB decrapifier help Fulla sound better?

Since it actually uses USB power, I wonder...

I experimented with this on Fulla 1. It helped the USB Noise from my computer disappear. However with the ability to plug in a separate power supply it seems this will effectively disconnect USB power from the fulla 2 so a Wyrd may not be needed .  I can give it a try If you are serious. DIsclaimer your computer is different than mine blah blah, Results May vary.

As I start adding up all the options you have with the fulla 2 I realized it is like a Mini Jotunheim. Just as flexible but with a price that just about anyone can afford and Can Fit in a Stocking.
In Thru Schiit Fashion I just Got a Shipping Confirmation too.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #14,531 of 151,801
Just ordered 2 of the Fulla 2's.  I've been wanting a very small device that would bypass the cruddy output of my S7Edge and to provide a little more oomph from an XBox controller to some HD580's.  It has to live on my end table since I'm up past the fiancee and have to live in headphones after she goes to bed.  I've literally been searching and reading for weeks and refreshing your page just a while ago and saw the Fulla 2 pop up to my surprise (yes I've visited your site quite a bit).... PERFECT!  One for me and one for my soon to be son in law for Christmas.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #14,532 of 151,801

Haha my feline never has never gotten near my Mjolnir 2, and I even have socket-savers on it so the tubes stick up out of the chassis. This could also be because I have my Mjolnir 2 up on my desk on top of its own rack and I don't allow the cat to get on my desk. (Cat hair and keyboards just don't mix.)

- InsanityOne :darthsmile:  

Cats have a nasty habit of disobeying any and all rules as soon as no one is watching.

Especially if they figure out there are treats or something nice and warm to lay on.

I'm guessing the Mjolnir matches the latter description :p

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #14,533 of 151,801
Something inside me wonders how well the Fulla 2 might work if connected via USB to your favorite phone/tablet and the preamp out is connected to the analogue in of a car stereo...

I wonder if the difference would be audible...

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #14,534 of 151,801
Something inside me wonders how well the Fulla 2 might work if connected via USB to your favorite phone/tablet and the preamp out is connected to the analogue in of a car stereo...

I wonder if the difference would be audible...

Well,  I was very curious with an original modi. I used a windows box for my music collection and it actually sounded better. I got a good chuckle out of it. Edit this was also a very stock care stereo system. In my days as an Installer we often found that external sources of a half way decent pedigree sounded way better than having to use the DAC in the car's factory radio.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #14,535 of 151,801
Just ordered mine!!! I love my original Fulla (now have it for sale for $48 on head fi here if anyone wants it!!!)  I hope it has the same silky female vocals sound signature the original Fulla gave me, I can't wait for this baby!!!!! I am so excited!!!! I preach Fulla to everyone for several months now!!!! I even commented a few weeks ago in the Jotunheim forum how much I loved Fulla, I am so happy my wish has come true!!! YOU ROCK JASON AND SCHIIT CREW!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back