Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #144,993 of 151,917
Keep talking and I’ll let Finnegan glue your mini rack together with cat spit.😸😸
I meant Sam too. Not exclusively. Yeah, that's what I meant. 🤣

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #144,994 of 151,917
What good is a closet in a locked room to which she has no key? 😉
About as good as the storage space she wants me to rent so I can pay monthly to store a bunch of stuff we'll never use or have a need for again. 🤣

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #144,995 of 151,917
Is it removable so a Vali tube can poke through?
Absolutely
IMG_7617.jpegIMG_7616.jpegIMG_7615.jpeg

Looking at the board I will make for @Slackaveli, the board is reversible so I will put his um bowl area on the reverse side of the board otherwise I do not like the symmetry. With his permission of course.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #144,997 of 151,917
Twin Pines Mall was actually Puente Hills Mall, just over the hill from where I live.
I would be attempting 88 MPH in that parking lot

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #144,998 of 151,917
Absolutely
IMG_7617.jpegIMG_7616.jpegIMG_7615.jpeg

Looking at the board I will make for @Slackaveli, the board is reversible so I will put his um bowl area on the reverse side of the board otherwise I do not like the symmetry. With his permission of course.
This all looks so fabulous

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #144,999 of 151,917
I do not stick with one build for very long so indeed fewer flight boards will be made. In honor of the Vali 3 coming out I figured mini racks might be fun for a couple people. 🤪 I will have the walnut version to give away soon then most likely I will then go on to other things. Personally I enjoy the talk of music, cars, whiskey, food, pets, tubes etc. and they are topics that seem to interest a lot of people and keeps this thread very active. The humor is a big attraction as well as the camaraderie.
Wholeheartedly agree. And I think it is also the wide variety of topics and experiences and anecdotes that keep it fun and interesting. As @artur9 noted, there are component-specific threads on Head-Fi for (probably) everything Schiit has ever made that are more focused. But none of them as enjoyable and none I look forward to reading as much as this one.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #145,000 of 151,917
Me, me! What shall I get from Total Wine for you?

btw, one of my coworkers lives "nearish" the Jack Daniels distillery. Has it been mentioned that the town it's in is dry?
I don't think it's humanly possible to read every word here to definitely say yes or no! :)

I will say the "bottle shop" at old Jack's is a hoot. You buy a bottle and they give you Jack!

You book a tour,which is a hilarious good time, and they "give" you samples.....so you may have to stop at the "bottle shop"!:)

Almost everyone in the county works for Jack. There's something like 2 million barrels aging in multitudes of barrel houses. So many that someone recently sued old Jack over the associated "black mold" growing everywhere. Seems they don't want drunk trees growing in their holler!

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #145,001 of 151,917
Wholeheartedly agree. And I think it is also the wide variety of topics and experiences and anecdotes that keep it fun and interesting. As @artur9 noted, there are component-specific threads on Head-Fi for (probably) everything Schiit has ever made that are more focused. But none of them as enjoyable and none I look forward to reading as much as this one.
This is the Daily Thread fasho.

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #145,004 of 151,917
There was a lurker of this thread on another forum (which shall remain nameless) that complained of too much conversation about cars, cats and whiskey and too little about Schiit.

Boo Hoo
sounds like the energy over at superbest

more tools than a workbench over there

the irony of the name lol

Every other thread is jello of this thread.

The Thread of Kings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back