Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #144,752 of 151,180
Being patient requires a steadfast commitment to doing nothing. My nervosa does not permit that.
It also requires waiting, and I can say with confidence that is one of the things in life I do the least well.

Gotta run....wife is waiting on me. 🤣

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #144,753 of 151,180
That reminds me of the roadshow kit @Jason Stoddard was putting together.
Is that still a thing?

I vote we have Burning SchiitMan at @sixergixer distillery....
They are still a thing. IIRC, all @sixergixer needs to do is contact Denise at Schiit to get the ball rolling.

Reminds me I dropped the ball on gauging interest for a central Florida (east coast meet).

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #144,754 of 151,180
Time Warp was a good one.
Might have to dig that one out this weekend.
I have quite a few of their CD's, and in fact their recording of Michael Murray playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor remains my favorite of that piece. As best I remember, their CD's were priced right along with the rest of the market when they were released at around $16 - $18, but the LP's were considerably more expensive than the rest. Worth it, but limited the number of purchases.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #144,755 of 151,180
I have quite a few of their CD's, and in fact their recording of Michael Murray playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor remains my favorite of that piece. As best I remember, their CD's were priced right along with the rest of the market when they were released at around $16 - $18, but the LP's were considerably more expensive than the rest. Worth it, but limited the number of purchases.
Do you have Time Warp?

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #144,756 of 151,180
Bought my last SACD for the DSD tracks. No more.

While I love my Denon DVD3910 and I've kept it as my CD player because of SACD playback, since getting Yggy, I cannot listen to the Denon imbedded DAC. It sounds thin, harsh, and dull by comparison. I used to love listening to SACD via the Denon and it was awesome (I thought), but Redbook CD via Yggy just smoked it! Yggy has spoiled me irreparably.

I see an Urd in my future. 😒

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #144,757 of 151,180
Bought my last SACD for the DSD tracks. No more.

While I love my Denon DVD3910 and I've kept it as my CD player because of SACD playback, sinc getting Yggy, I cannot listen to the Denon imbedded DAC. It sounds thin, harsh, and dull by comparison. I used to live listening to SACD via the Denon and lived it, but Redbook CD via Yggy just smoked it! Yggy has spoiled me irreparably.

I see an Urd in my future. 😒
Get an Urd. You won't regret it.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #144,758 of 151,180
I have two grows in my holler, one about a half mile up the road. The skunk smell gets pretty bad at certain times of the year. I had a third illegal Chinese grow across my creek behind me. I was huge, owned by the same cartel as three other ex farms in the area. They sold black market in other states. They finally got busted in a big raid one morning last year and it's sitting empty and for sale. That was a smelly one. Yay Oregon.
Pot's legal in my neck of the woods but at my age it's way too strong for me. This is what I use for a little late night musical enjoyment. IMG_1894.JPG

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #144,759 of 151,180
OMG!!! I signed up for Qobuz and am listening to this. If you are into jazz and want an exceptional music experience you must listen. I'm working the Yggy, MJ3 and the MEze Empyrean IIs and it is magic. And from 1971. Like a visitor from the dead.
Empy II's are on my list of "maybe I'll buy to try." They seem to be sold out everywhere in the U.S., so it's clear I'm not having an original thought, hahaha.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #144,760 of 151,180
Pot's legal in my neck of the woods but at my age it's way too strong for me. This is what I use for a little late night musical enjoyment.IMG_1894.JPG

I can't do pot or Delta 8s, etc. Makes me edgy and paranoid. Whenever I partake, I feel like the camera man filming the group smoking weed in the basement on that 70s show. I dart from convo to convo. 😄

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #144,764 of 151,180
I can't do pot or Delta 8s, etc. Makes me edgy and paranoid. Whenever I partake, I feel like the camera man filming the group smoking weed in the basement on that 70s show. I dart from convo to convo. 😄
That does take the fun out of it. I do it at home when I don't have to interact with anyone besides my wife and the cats.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #144,765 of 151,180
I would recommend that you and Old Road Toad replace your machines with ResMed units. That is what the sleep division of my University is recommending, even if you have to pay cash for them, if you can afford it.

Plus 1 for ResMed. But they're not cheap - 4 figures up here in Canada...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back