Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #143,221 of 151,950
Thanks but that isn’t necessary. It looks just beautiful.
PM me your address and it will be on the way to you early next week, I will try to choose a couple LP's whose total is under say $60 or so. Those choices will not include Marilyn Manson. :ksc75smile:

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #143,224 of 151,950
PM me your address and it will be on the way to you early next week, I will try to choose a couple LP's whose total is under say $60 or so. Those choices will not include Marilyn Manson. :ksc75smile:
.... 😤 ... "I prefer my Marilyn Manson on 8-track cartridge in a Philco player!...." 😳🤪

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #143,225 of 151,950
Well, yeah. No way you'd get even one Marilyn Manson LP for under $60. Despite the worn-out phrase "Quality Is Free" it actually isn't. :laughing:

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #143,226 of 151,950
The cutouts are not done yet but you get the idea. If one of those appeals to you I can send it your way, I have not done final sanding and finish either.

I stopped to make a couple of cuts and hot glue this together to see if it is doable. Whiskey barrel stave headphone stand. I just ball parked the angles.IMG_7529.jpegIMG_7528.jpeg
Those look pretty cool! Maybe a short dowel rod on the backside at the top to hang the (coiled) cable on? That's one thing that most stands make no provision for that would sure be nice.

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #143,227 of 151,950
Yeah - I like the GHorn w/ my desktop rig. Decided to keep the remaining GHorn and order a silver case to match Lyr 3 and BF 2. I'll post Rekkr up for sale instead.

Yep. I need help. 😒

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #143,228 of 151,950
Those look pretty cool! Maybe a short dowel rod on the backside at the top to hang the (coiled) cable on? That's one thing that most stands make no provision for that would sure be nice.
It can easily be done, I have such a thing on all my headphone stands that I use. Currently I am just trying to get the thing to not fall over. :ksc75smile:

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #143,229 of 151,950
.... 😤 ... "I prefer my Marilyn Manson on 8-track cartridge in a Philco player!...." 😳🤪
What a Cowensidence that you and Bill like the same, um, stuff. I am not using the word "music" to describe Manson.

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #143,230 of 151,950
It can easily be done, I have such a thing on all my headphone stands that I use. Currently I am just trying to get the thing to not fall over. :ksc75smile:
You could make this an end-user problem. Simply specify in your 100 page setup manual - on page 101 in 6pt:

"NOTE: Due to the reuse of whiskey barrel components, and known risk of gravity-well occurrences after contact with sufficient amounts of whisky, it is soberly suggested to deploy exclusively this finely-balanced headphone stand in gravity-free environs. "

🤣

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #143,231 of 151,950
You could make this an end-user problem. Simply specify in your 100 page setup manual - on page 101 in 6pt:

"NOTE: Due to the reuse of whiskey barrel components, and known risk of gravity-well occurrences after contact with sufficient amounts of whisky, it is soberly suggested to deploy exclusively this finely-balanced headphone stand in gravity-free environs. "

🤣
LOL! You should see his owner's manual on the Incubus amp. I'd show it to you, except I can't see it either. 🤣

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #143,233 of 151,950
LOL! You should see his owner's manual on the Incubus amp. I'd show it to you, except I can't see it either. 🤣
Sorry manuals were sent out with proper facing amps, the deviant version was lucky to get a cardboard box and packing materials.

Oh and I just applied a second coat of finish to this and I am free much of the weekend in case any of you other than Cowen has a request.🤪 IMG_7534.jpeg

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #143,235 of 151,950
Hmm Ripper did ask for rustic, I should have done one like this.
You. Are. Killing. Me.

Friday night and my premium choices are limited to my Midleton (yes that’s how its spelled you stupid web app!), which I’ve only had one dram in the last 5 months since acquiring in duty-free in Dublin on way back from Munich, or DARING to break open our LAST Blanton (which is Wifey’s favorite, along with Macallen… alas for many months now, I cant even find BT… Occasionally a Willet, but sometimes no matter how much I like it, I want “not” Rye.

(@sixergixer I picked up your Rye at Total Wine a few weeks ago, love it! But, alas, they didn’t have any of your other stuff)

I miss the Colonel… And BT… and…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back