Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 13, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #143,011 of 155,216
Yeah but I might actually listen to Melz, Fotons are cat toys.😁
Wait, if that's the case then maybe Finnegan can pay @Ripper2860 in Fotons for the previous mentioned collection of ...

Nah, who am I kidding?

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #143,012 of 155,216
I would be honored, just try to get the diameter of the glasses, I will match them as precisely as I can. Something like that deserves my full attention. You will see my work soon and get a sense of what I do. Such builds inspire me. A photo of the glasses would help if you can sneak that.
This would be amazing. I will see them in May or June and will report back with pictures and measurements. If your pieces look half as good as in pictures I will be most impressed . You are a talented and generous man.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #143,014 of 155,216
... seeker head for a very popular air to ground missile. ... I am trying to make folks understand that creation of a great ... is 40% science, 50% art, and 10% luck.
Great anecdote!

A question: how is the popularity of an air-to-ground missile determined?

The above matches my experience in big Pharma (brief stint, thank goodness!). Everything is calculated and calibrated to the N'th degree. And then the people on the ground just do whatever to get the stuff through the process.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #143,015 of 155,216
This would be amazing. I will see them in May or June and will report back with pictures and measurements. If your pieces look half as good as in pictures I will be most impressed . You are a talented and generous man.
Do you have any kind of preferences? If not I will start your build tomorrow and build at least two and give you your choice. I can even start one or two for your dad, and do the glass cutouts later. I keep my word, all will be done. Oh and if you change your mind on one for your dad no biggy, if I have extras of anything they only last a few days.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #143,016 of 155,216
A question: how is the popularity of an air-to-ground missile determined?
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #143,017 of 155,216
Do you have any kind of preferences? If not I will start your build tomorrow and build at least two and give you your choice. I can even start one or two for your dad, and do the glass cutouts later. I keep my word, all will be done.
I don’t really have any preferences and trust the artist’s judgment. He has nine of these little glasses (mom broke one) so I don’t know what works best. Feel free to message me anytime. I have to get my six year old to bed now. Thanks a million!

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #143,018 of 155,216
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.
How is that related to the popularity of the missile?

Or is this some variant of the "Know thyself", Dark Star missile system?

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #143,019 of 155,216
How is that related to the popularity of the missile?
Maybe the missile has an Instagram page and its popularity is determined by the number of followers. :thinking:

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #143,021 of 155,216
You definitely need to hear something a bit more state-of-the-art than that CA Azure. It may not, to be clear, overturn your LP system, but it will open up more possibilities.

I'm firmly on the digital side of things. I've never heard my LP system sound "better" than my digital system - different, yes - better, no.
Depends on the gear and recordings used.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #143,022 of 155,216
Fabulous original score of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in G.

Extraordinary slow movement:

IMG_9371.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #143,023 of 155,216
20240313_202533.jpg

Now that my daily driver is a pi 5 w Ian Canada HATs, I made a pi 5 based airplay receiver with my pi2aes to give as a gift. Replaced the ugly gold 30mm standoffs with silver ones. Even drilled a lil hole in front for the power button 🙂

Testing it out streaming from the qobuz app on a mac. Even with optical out and limited to 44.1kHz, it sounds pretty darn good! The whole thing's being powered by one of those ifi noise cancelling supplies that's only 2.5 amps and havent had any issues to speak of.

Really hope Qobuz Connect makes it easier to stream directly on the pi in full hi res quality but for now this is totally passable for music discovery purposes.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #143,025 of 155,216
Really hope Qobuz Connect makes it easier to stream directly on the pi in full hi res quality but for now this is totally passable for music discovery purposes.
I am terribly eager for Qobuz Connect. Can't come soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back