Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #141,796 of 151,658
Most of you will have to just bear with me on this one as I imagine there are few on here who are into black metal of any kind. But for those who are, and who are not yet aware of Mare Cognitum, well, lemme tell ya... Hailing from Portland, Oregon, Mare Cognitum is the one-man-band project of Jacob Buczarski. Not only is the music outstanding - full of speedy, densely-layered textures, scream-o vocals appropriate to the music (ie. not there to serve themselves but the music) singing poignant lyrics, and soaring melodic guitar lines (and some rad solos) - but the production is second to none. Presumably self-produced [Edit: Composed, recorded, and produced entirely by Jacob.], the album sounds fantastic in my simple chain of Apple Music -> iPhone 14 Pro -> Topping D50S -> Schiit Magni+ -> Final Audio E5000 (which incidentally LOVE high gain mode on the Magni).

I can say also that Jacob's vinyl releases are equally great sounding, something not very common in the world of black metal vinyl releases.

Mare Cognitum Bandcamp

IMG_6674.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #141,797 of 151,658
True that! I used to buy FOUR harmony remotes with only THREE TVs in the house. Should have bought every single one off the bestbuy shelf when they closed out. So miss my Harmony's....

Seque to Roon: any new news since the buy out? Mergers take quite awhile for the ultimate outcome to become known...but just curious with the long term users in these parts....
I still have 2 working Harmonys and dread the day they die. They even work with my Saga+ and Modi in the living room.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #141,798 of 151,658
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #141,799 of 151,658
Cool kitties! But they say 'Yo'? So English isn't their native language? 🤣
Well, it was more of a "me-yo" but the translation was mine.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #141,800 of 151,658
IMG_7433.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

Time to build something for myself that is prettier than what I built for @bcowen🤪 Those are HANYU KAORI - JAPANESE EDO WHISKEY GLASSES. ( I copied and pasted to be sure and get the spelling right.) I also bought a matching decanter. Woods are tiger maple, bloodwood, cherry and Indian rosewood. I also did thin strips of tiger maple. Blanton’s single barrel tonight while I listen to some smooth music. 😉
Gorgeous..(again)

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #141,802 of 151,658
Well I have to outdo @bcowen of course he is probably drinking from Dixie cups but still his board will be second prettiest lol. Note how the glasses go along with the fine stripes of tiger maple in the thin strips. I try to do well for others but I tend to take more time with my own.
Dixie cups? How undignified. And you should know me better than that by now. 🤣

1709420674584.png

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #141,803 of 151,658
Dixie cups? How undignified. And you should know me better than that by now. 🤣

I tried to set your board next to this one and it slunk away in shame. Finnegan will track it down whenever you escape custody and move to your new hideout in the dust bowl. 😁

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #141,806 of 151,658
Adampedia sez...Dixie Cups. Girl group from the 60's that had one big hit called Chapel Of Love
And here all along I thought it referred to southern girls' bras. Learn something new everyday. 🤣

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #141,807 of 151,658
A single like isn't enough! You've outdone yourself.

And here you thought @bcowen doesn't contribute anything of value to the world :darthsmile: -- he spurs you on to greater achievements out of spite :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
I respect him so much that I nearly built identical boards for both of us, than after considerable thought I said nah, he is unique, just like everybody else.😁

Mar 2, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #141,810 of 151,658
Oh, that old thing.

Yeah, after years of looking at the same old photo of myself every time I post something I got a little tired of it. Also felt like I looked much too grumpy in that photo. Doesn't really represent me all that well, you know? So I decided to replace it with something a bit more cuddly and fuzzy, something that much better represents my usual, effortlessly sunny disposition.
This is why I have my cat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back