Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 19, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #140,132 of 155,143
You're a bit behind the times. Bill's Mazada was repossessed by a title for cash loan company. I won't even get into his Ga home foreclosure. :smirk:
1. The cardboard house had 'fair market value' well below 'bank loan carry value'.
2. Foreclosure would necessitate a 'writedown' of that 'carry value'.
3. The negative variance realised would be a direct reduction to bank pretax income.
4. Lending officer / loan workout officer bonuses would be imperiled ...
5. Bank might lend more against the cardboard house so that interest/principal on the existing loan could be made 'current' ... 🙂🙃🙂 ... 🎲🎲🎲

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #140,133 of 155,143
Feb 20, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #140,134 of 155,143
Probably too late but the Blue Jeans LC-1 is affordable.

Even at 10’.

Not too late. I do have a BJC Coax digital cable that is very sturdily made. I feel like their prices have gone up a fair amount since I bought that. Still great quality, though.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #140,135 of 155,143
Feb 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #140,136 of 155,143
Feb 20, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #140,137 of 155,143
So my current setup is as follows.
I have 2 amplifiers.
1. Asgard 1 used for Single ended audio
2. Magnius used for balanced audio
Dac is Modius
Speakers are Mackie powered studio monitors
I have 3 sets of headphones listed in order of how often I use them.
1. Focal Clear MG
2. Beyerdynamic dt1990
3. Audeze LCD 2

So I am considering replacing all the amps/dac with a Schiit Ragnarok 2 Fully loaded, and then eventually using that to power speakers when I get rid of the mackies.
But my main concern is if the dac and headphone section will be considerably better than my current setup. What are everyones thoughts? I am a bit scared of how much power it puts to headphones.

I have a Rag 2 fully loaded, and an Asgard 2, and wide range of hps.... Focal Clears (og), Focal Elegia, HD600s, HD6XXs, Hifiman HE6SE (non v2), ZMF Auteur Classic..

I also have a bunch of schiit Dacs. Modi 3, Modi Multibit, Bifrost 4490, Bifrost 2 (og), Gungnir Multibit, Yggy OG A2...

If it were me, I would get Ragnarok 2 just an amp, and buy a Modi Multibit 2, and a Mani 2, and go the separates route....

Or, keep your Modius, get Rag 2 just an amp, sell your Magnius, and save for a Bifrost 2 2/64....

Volume control with ragnarok 2 is sublime, because of three gain levels, and SE being 1/4 of the power of balanced, you have near unlimited control over HP volume..... Its fantastic.... Focals are super efficient and I love using gain 1 or 2 dial in exactly what I want, volume wise...

I will never part with my Asgard 2, I would recommend holding on to your Asgard 1.

Or.... keep your powered monitors, get an MJ3 and Bifrost 2.... Sell Modius and Magnius...

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #140,138 of 155,143
Feb 20, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #140,139 of 155,143
I have a Rag 2 fully loaded, and an Asgard 2, and wide range of hps.... Focal Clears (og), Focal Elegia, HD600s, HD6XXs, Hifiman HE6SE (non v2), ZMF Auteur Classic..

I also have a bunch of schiit Dacs. Modi 3, Modi Multibit, Bifrost 4490, Bifrost 2 (og), Gungnir Multibit, Yggy OG A2...

If it were me, I would get Ragnarok 2 just an amp, and buy a Modi Multibit 2, and a Mani 2, and go the separates route....

Or, keep your Modius, get Rag 2 just an amp, sell your Magnius, and save for a Bifrost 2 2/64....

Volume control with ragnarok 2 is sublime, because of three gain levels, and SE being 1/4 of the power of balanced, you have near unlimited control over HP volume..... Its fantastic.... Focals are super efficient and I love using gain 1 or 2 dial in exactly what I want, volume wise...

I will never part with my Asgard 2, I would recommend holding on to your Asgard 1.

Or.... keep your powered monitors, get an MJ3 and Bifrost 2.... Sell Modius and Magnius..
Mind giving me a quick comparison of YGGY vs Bifrost 2/64?

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #140,140 of 155,143
I have both. Yggy is more than worth the cost. With the HEK stealth the difference is huge. If anything, you will notice a greater sonic improvement updating the DAC from Bifrost to Yggy than you do from jot 2 to MJ3. I gave up trying to A/B the different setup because of how obvious the improvements were.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #140,141 of 155,143

Others will have to assist there.

My Bifrost 2 is an OG model, I have not heard the 2/64 version.

If you are crazy like the rest of us and have the coin/credit, just buy a Yggy+ GS2 and Rag 2 just an amp and you will likely be happy for a good long while....

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #140,142 of 155,143
I have both. Yggy is more than worth the cost. With the HEK stealth the difference is huge. If anything, you will notice a greater sonic improvement updating the DAC from Bifrost to Yggy than you do from jot 2 to MJ3. I gave up trying to A/B the different setup because of how obvious the improvements were.
wow, that sounds great.
is there any real sonic downside to the Yggy+ GS2? That sounds more like the ticket for my broke-ass.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #140,143 of 155,143
Others will have to assist there.

My Bifrost 2 is an OG model, I have not heard the 2/64 version.

If you are crazy like the rest of us and have the coin/credit, just buy a Yggy+ GS2 and Rag 2 just an amp and you will likely be happy for a good long while....
Oh, Im crazy like y'all, but, i'm stuck on a pretty fixed budget (disabled... miss when i could order whatevr) . I do get a bit to play with , just gotta save for a bit to squeeze off even GS2 money.
I am prepping for Tungstens, too, so , funny you should say that bc Im pretty locked in to trying to get at least a YGGY+ GS2 and either a Mjonir or Ragnarok. Mjolnir if it can handle it being my preference there, but with the sales lately I should probably snag a Ragnarok ($300 off is decent). Was asking bc i havent ever heard Bifrost 2/64 and people seem to love it. I just really like all them Schiitheads after reading Jason's book and really want a Mike Moffat TOTL DAC so I gotta find a way to get a YGGY.

Is the GS2 something that could just up and run out of stock do we know?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #140,144 of 155,143
wow, that sounds great.
is there any real sonic downside to the Yggy+ GS2? That sounds more like the ticket for my broke-ass.
The GS2 (1,700) is basically the OG version but with an older analog card. There was this push to get the classic OG back so Schiit was taking the DAC chips out of the GS2 and putting them into the newer analog card but then charge you an extra 1k usd for that (total cost close to 3k). Not sure if there was better sounds but some people think there was. They couldn’t get the old DAC chips anymore as those became too expensive and harder to get. They got “better”, newer, and cheaper TI chips.

But the Jot 2 and Rag are actually pretty powerful amps. Rag is more speakers and amp and jot 2 is for headphones only. I suspected they were being held back by my BiFrost 2/64 DAC since the Yggy gs2 made them sound so much better.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #140,145 of 155,143
The GS2 (1,700) is basically the OG version but with an older analog card. There was this push to get the classic OG back so Schiit was taking the DAC chips out of the GS2 and putting them into the newer analog card but then charge you an extra 1k usd for that (total cost close to 3k). Not sure if there was better sounds but some people think there was. They couldn’t get the old DAC chips anymore as those became too expensive and harder to get. They got “better”, newer, and cheaper TI chips.

But the Jot 2 and Rag are actually pretty powerful amps. Rag is more speakers and amp and jot 2 is for headphones only. I suspected they were being held back by my BiFrost 2/64 DAC since the Yggy gs2 made them sound so much better.
Gotcha. Thanks for the re-cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back