Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #138,091 of 151,179
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #138,092 of 151,179
Re Jason’s Law chapter:

@Jason Stoddard: What’s more impressive is that you do complex manufacturing in a relatively small company with a large catalog of highly engineered, well respected/reviewed audio products, while managing and nurturing a team of dedicated and motivated individuals.

And all this in the USA in an environment that often creates barriers to manufacturing.

Kudos to you and your team!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #138,093 of 151,179
Jason’s Law reminds me of the many dozen times I would geek out over some tube amp I was building or speaker I was tweaking and then receive the inevitable comment: “Wow! You should start your own business!”

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2...ZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/3og0IFSnqb1TnZ1zq0/giphy.gif

(Argh! What am I missing when it comes to posting gifs?)
You need to save it as a photo, then just post the photo.

Here it is :
240C6343-E1FB-47F7-9868-9F1508971193.gif

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #138,095 of 151,179
Jan 31, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #138,096 of 151,179
Oberon?

I am also thinking about an Aegir 1 for my Dali 4 ohms, 86dB small bookshelf ( Opticon 1 MKII ) ..... dunno if it works well or not.
Yep. They are a bit "young" yet, but based on what I've heard to date - they were a really good buy.

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #138,098 of 151,179
Nice stapler you got there...

Also, what you sipping on there?
Thank you. It's red. It's a Swingline.

The beer was a Delirium Noël... a Christmas gift from a friend. I followed it up these last two weeks with at least one two several of everything that they brew, as I've been at our HQ in (south) Ghent (a.k.a. Ledeberg), Belgium. The main Huyghe brewery is in Melle, about 8 km from my company's offices. This tiny country has more breweries per capita than just about any other place I've ever been... and some really excellent beers.

Glad to be heading home, though. Lichtfestival Gent 2024 started tonight, and there will be nearly one million people over-running this small city (50,000 population) across the next four days. It will be a bigger schiit-show than the summertime music & beer-drinking event, Gentse Feesten... but regardless, you've got to love this place.

IMG_1096-topaz.jpeg

Shot last night, this one is entitled "The Calm Before the Storm" :D

/ds

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #138,099 of 151,179
I know we all (on mostly) leave our DAC's on all the time, but do you leave your Lokius or Loki Max on? Been turning mine off because it's a little warmer than the DAC's, any reason it would or would not benefit from warmup time?
Loki Max is always on (except when I'm traveling). It's a bit warmer than Yggy+ but you can rest your hand on the case with no issues - that's my usual decision point for leaving stuff on 24/7...

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #138,100 of 151,179

The beer was a Delirium Noël... a Christmas gift from a friend. I followed it up these last two weeks with at least one two several of everything that they brew, as I've been at our HQ in (south) Ghent (a.k.a. Ledeberg), Belgium. The main Huyghe brewery is in Melle, about 8 km from my company's offices. This tiny country has more breweries per capita than just about any other place I've ever been... and some really excellent beers.

Glad to be heading home, though. Lichtfestival Gent 2024 started tonight, and there will be nearly one million people over-running this small city (50,000 population) across the next four days. It will be a bigger schiit-show than the summertime music & beer-drinking event, Gentse Feesten... but regardless, you've got to love this place.

IMG_1096-topaz.jpeg

/ds
Nice! Thank you for sharing that. Sounds like a great place to visit outside of that peak-time... I imagine it would be most relaxing!

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #138,101 of 151,179

IMG_1096-topaz.jpeg

/ds
Very cool. The best Belgium beer (ale) is brewed by the monks, IMO.

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #138,102 of 151,179
I know we all (on mostly) leave our DAC's on all the time, but do you leave your Lokius or Loki Max on? Been turning mine off because it's a little warmer than the DAC's, any reason it would or would not benefit from warmup time?
I turn off, or put into standby, all my audio equipment. I used to leave BF2, and the iFi Streamer and dac combo powered up, but then I realised I couldn’t hear any difference, so now just switch on when using.

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #138,103 of 151,179
Page 9207... whoo hoo! Done!!!

Probably not for long though... <g>

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #138,104 of 151,179
Are you sure? :smirk:

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #138,105 of 151,179
Whoever we hire deserves to have a steady job. As in we have to be sure they have plenty of work. Hiring now, as we are going into slower seasons (spring is slower than winter, summer is slowest) could be a problem. It wouldn’t be fair to say, “Sorry, no job now, go home.”
^^ Applause ^^

Your focus on people is outstanding.

Edit : I work in outsourcing customer service, and even though it's always been a tough gig, it was a people business and your front line teams were critical. Unfortunately that has changed for the worst in the last 12 months where I work, due to a buy-out. The first discussions now are are about margin, and how can it be improved. Often times that comes with impacts to front line staff, the ones who can least afford lay-offs, or reduction in hours. That's what happens when you have outside investors wanting to claw back their investments + margin, so they can move on. For me it's time to look elsewhere for this sole reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back