Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #135,391 of 151,180
I prefer Schiit talking to sh!t talking. Let's get back to audio, cats, cardboard, tubes, BBQ, sports (ugh!), great new finds in music, automobiles, and other obscure and random topics on the curve.
And… Astronomy… yes, that too! :wink:

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #135,392 of 151,180
I remember when Pearl Jam hit the radio in the early 90s. I felt like they made 80s music completely irrelevant.

Unfortunately for me I haven’t really enjoyed any of their albums since vs.
Pearl Jam is worth a revisit. Their last album Gigaton is the only one after Vs that I didn't completely enjoy. I loved Vitology, No Code, Yield, Binural and Lightning Bolt. Even the Self titled album and Riot Act are good, IMO. Pearl Jam really grew as a band after Vs, FWIW.

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #135,393 of 151,180
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #135,394 of 151,180
... just put on:

a. Captain & Tennille;
b. Marilyn Manson;
c. NC bbq sing-a-long ...

It would be faster and less painful to just to sit in a tub full of water and dropped in a plugged in Sunbeam Radiant T40 electric toaster. :rolling_eyes:

Well, if they're too easy for your macho self then put on a Nickelback CD.

:beerchug:
JC

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #135,395 of 151,180
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #135,396 of 151,180
Well, if they're too easy for your macho self then put on a Nickelback CD.

:beerchug:
JC
B and C are the issue. I could actually enjoy A after a marg or two.

As far as Nickleback -- If you've heard one song you've heard them all. :D

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #135,398 of 151,180
Pearl Jam is worth a revisit. Their last album Gigaton is the only one after Vs that I didn't completely enjoy. I loved Vitology, No Code, Yield, Binural and Lightning Bolt. Even the Self titled album and Riot Act are good, IMO. Pearl Jam really grew as a band after Vs, FWIW.

i have been rocking yield recently

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #135,399 of 151,180
I said to myself: "That's enough Jazz for tonight. Just listen to 1 or 2 cuts of Fleetwood Mac Rumors and then call it a night."

Well, I finally stopped after all of the Rumors album, and then all of the Fleetwood Mac album, followed by the entirety of the Tusk album! Holy-cow!! Just when I think I've heard the best Yggy+ GS 2 and my 2 channel speaker rig has to offer it says "Pffft. Hold my beer" and then proceeds to throw even more of wonderous, luscious, and detailed sounds at me than I've experienced before! Fleetwood Mac never sounded better! Heck, my music has never sounded better! :heart_eyes:

(If ony I could find a way to get paid to listen to my music all and all night day long, I'd never go to work.)
So, tell the truth now! You might just possibly, maybe like it a tiny smidge? It's kinda hard to tell how you really feel about it here. :thinking:

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #135,401 of 151,180
So, tell the truth now! You might just possibly, maybe like it a tiny smidge? It's kinda hard to tell how you really feel about it here. :thinking:
Suffice it to say, I was rather reserved in my post as I did not want to come off as a fanboy. 😏

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #135,402 of 151,180
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #135,403 of 151,180
... sports (ugh!), ...
If you learn anything about the Browns, you soon realize that "Browns talk" is not really sports talk.
Up until this year, it's been more akin to one of those basement A.A. meetings with bad coffee and stale donuts.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #135,404 of 151,180
What is Labskaus?
Labskaus is corned beef ,onion and potatoes cooked in broth then its finely minced , served with pickles and fried egg or green herb / caper sauce ( . A Hamburg docks speciality ! sticks to yer ribs style food , utterly impossible to BBQ - in Liverpool ( another dock city ) a similar concoction is allowed to cool and solidify and served in sandwiches known as a Skaus butty!

labskaus-default.jpg

Recipe - taken from internet , loads of variations and opinions on this purple gloop !!

The recipe for Hamburger Labskaus​

Ingredients for four people
  • 800 g potatoes (floury)
  • 500 g beetroot
  • 360 g corned beef
  • 2 small onions
  • 40 ml beef broth
  • 60 ml pickle water
  • 4 gherkins
  • 4 Rollmops
  • 4 eggs
  • 40 g cumin
  • 4 bay leaves
  • salt, pepper
  • 4 eggs (to taste)
Preparation:
Cook the beetroot for about an hour until it is nice and soft. Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters, cook them with the cumin and bay leaves for about 20 minutes until soft. Then press through a potato ricer. Peel the beetroot (preferably wearing disposable gloves) and finely mash it with a fork. Peel the onions and cut them into fine cubes. In a colander, pour boiling water over it.
Cut the corned beef into bite-sized pieces and toss in a bowl with potatoes, beetroot, broth, cucumber water, and onions. Fry fried eggs to taste and serve the labskaus with rollmops, pickles and fried eggs.
Instead of rollmops, matjes fillet or pickled herring can also be served with the Labskaus, alternatively the fish can be omitted altogether. With fresh minced beef instead of corned beef and a poached egg, the classic Labskaus gets a noble note and is excellent as an appetizer or main course.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #135,405 of 151,180
agnosticism is the DBT of meatspace
There's a somewhat interesting article on trust in The Atlantic. It points out, rightfully, that many things have to be taken on trust (say, the Sun is a sphere and not just a big radiating circle) because, as individuals, we do not have the time/means to verify.

With that in mind, re: this forum, I have 2 elements of trust (not faith, not belief) and one of belief
  1. I trust Schiit will do its best to create value-oriented products that rival SOTA products.
  2. I trust that this thread will not "stay on topic" and continue to provide me with humor and BBQ info.
  3. I believe the Browns won't screw it up this time. (this belief has been tested a zillion times over the years :-O)
If/when those elements of trust are violated, I will move on. The belief I'm stuck with for the rest of my life as that's what a belief is....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back