Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 5, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #135,046 of 151,186
Thanks for the rare Schiit vs. NAIM comparison, @Puddnhead

I run my Y+ A2/OG to a NAIM Supernait 3 + HCDR. I'd love for someone to do a Schiit Kara + 2x Tyr ($3,900) versus NAIM NAC 332 + 2x NAP 350 comparison ($28,000). Any takers?
To tell you what I think: I would not care. The top tier Schiit stuff sounds so good that chasing others makes no sense… to me.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #135,049 of 151,186
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #135,050 of 151,186
Crank this one up on your Schiit!

"The Beast" amongst others....and "Trenches"...
Wild..

A great album for giving subwoofers a proper workout!

This is another gem for dynamics, bass, and spatial presentation:

Dafos.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #135,052 of 151,186
Do you teach algebra? I found that class to be painful.
Oh man, this hit home and made me laugh. But for me it was Trig. Then I got completely lost in Calculus and had to change majors because I was never going to pass a Calculus class.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #135,054 of 151,186
Oh man, this hit home and made me laugh. But for me it was Trig. Then I got completely lost in Calculus and had to change majors because I was never going to pass a Calculus class.
Absolutely! I'll teach ANYTHING to do with Tourism, Business, or Humanities.... EXCEPT MATH... :sweat_smile:

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #135,055 of 151,186
As always, I'm open to ideas about the future...keep it, change it, kill it, etc.
My view on how to decontent Saga S is probably not very useful, because I bought one and the problem seems to be that there aren't enough buyers like me. I found the price to be right, I use both output modes and all of the control features it has, and the only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a front panel mute button.

But, I suppose if I were going to list off things in the order I'd accept them being removed, the first to go would be remote control. This is probably wildly out of step with the market, and is just because I sit close enough to it to use the front panel. Next to go would be the relay volume, which would be sad, but a 27 mm pot would also be good enough. After that I would give up the JFET buffer.

The last thing to go would be any of the inputs or outputs. The back panel on mine is completely populated, and even has some splitters on one of the outputs. At four inputs I could probably make it work, but at three I'd have to look for something else instead.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #135,056 of 151,186
But… the world needs more people to learn advanced math. The lack of precise logical thinking is why there are so many misinformed people incapable of logically reasoning for themselves. In my opinion.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #135,057 of 151,186
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #135,058 of 151,186
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #135,059 of 151,186
I did too immediately after that experience. My only regret is that it didn't alter my genes and turn me into a superhero. Uh, I mean more of a superhero. 🤣
Would you care to describe what you foresaw as the superpowers possessed by Cardboard Man!
Able to slide under doors unencumbered!
Able to protect any and all LPs from the ravages of dust and fingerprints!
Able to hold over N vacuum tubes in a single box!

I imagine your arch-nemesis would be Origami Guy.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #135,060 of 151,186
Would you care to describe what you foresaw as the superpowers possessed by Cardboard Man!
Able to slide under doors unencumbered!
Able to protect any and all LPs from the ravages of dust and fingerprints!
Able to hold over N vacuum tubes in a single box!

I imagine your arch-nemesis would be Origami Guy.

LOL :sob:

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back