Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #132,781 of 152,606
Does anyone know of a place in the Bay Area to buy a set of wired black KEF LS50?
I wouof rather avoid flea Bay, and to a certain extent craigslist. These will be used on my Ragnarok

Chuck
LS50 meta on sale currently at best buy, crutchfield etc

Edit: ninja’d by @bevanc and @mystaiced

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #132,782 of 152,606
The trick is, put the new piece of Schiit equipment into your Head-Fi signature BEFORE it arrives, and it will ship out that day.
This absolutely works. Ordered my GS2 last night at 11pm and just got my shipping email at 10:50 am today 😀

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #132,783 of 152,606
When the Nakamichi 1000 hit the market the recording industry went into a tizzy.

I couldn't afford the 1000 and was delighted to no end when the 700II came out. That was a more achievable amount I could save for and buy.

Ahh the days of borrowing a friend's LP and and switching back and forth between the record and the recording live going onto the little cassette. Wow, sounds the same!!

Glad I didn't save forever and a day for the Revox open reel! Cassettes were the future.

Cassettes were way more convenient. Play 'em in the car and give to your friends......oh oh tax the sale of the Nakamichi or the industry will collapse....and yet here we are!:)

Holy Schiit did I mention it was silver?
image000000 (1).jpg
And it had meters, real meters!:)

Loved how the door on the right would magically open to the record head azimuth alignment controls. Kind of like the ritual of playing an LP!

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #132,784 of 152,606
Good morning forum-mates,

Have any of you heard anything about Aegir2? There was a flurry of activity a week or two ago and then... crickets. I thought Schiit was targeting mid-December? Is this not going to be a "Christmas thing", but a "Q1-ish thing" after all?

I was getting excited. Not that my current Aegir needs replacing... but, well, you know, we are all here for the same reason... :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #132,785 of 152,606
When the Nakamichi 1000 hit the market the recording industry went into a tizzy.

I couldn't afford the 1000 and was delighted to no end when the 700II came out. That was a more achievable amount I could save for and buy.

Ahh the days of borrowing a friend's LP and and switching back and forth between the record and the recording live going onto the little cassette. Wow, sounds the same!!

Glad I didn't save forever and a day for the Revox open reel! Cassettes were the future.

Cassettes were way more convenient. Play 'em in the car and give to your friends......oh oh tax the sale of the Nakamichi or the industry will collapse....and yet here we are!:)

Holy Schiit did I mention it was silver?
image000000 (1).jpg And it had meters, real meters!:)

Loved how the door on the right would magically open to the record head azimuth alignment controls. Kind of like the ritual of playing an LP!
I had one as well. One of the first ones, they had a much smaller window to see the cassette.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #132,786 of 152,606
That's FedEx for you. Easily the worst delivery delivery service in the US.
The old FedEx marketing slogan: When it absolutely, positively has to be there eventually.

Having lived in a lot of different places, my experience with FedEx is that the service you get is highly dependent on how well the terminal local to your address is managed. The local terminal I had in NC did a very good job. Stuff delivered on time (and even ahead of time) and undamaged in most all cases. Where I am in GA right now? Not so. Overnight means over some night, but not like the next one. 🤣

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #132,787 of 152,606
I am happy to announce the latest addition to the Ripper sound room. Yggy GS2 is in da house!!

20231212_110011.jpg

Surprisingly, the box was in pristine condition.

Checked to ensure all is connected properly and will defer my listening session until this evening after it's had a few hours to warm-up.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #132,788 of 152,606
My personal paranoia includes that this is part of the reason for the rise of streaming. Easy revenue source without physical media overhead and content control at the whim of the publishing houses.
I agree with you completely.

The loss of CDs or downloadable material that is not DRM locked is scary. The positive side though is the artist will get a bigger chunk of money if we buy the physical album or download the album ala Bandcamp. And to be honest, much of the streaming music that is produced today is throwaway and forgettable.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #132,789 of 152,606
I am happy to announce the latest addition to the Ripper sound room. Yggy GS2 is in da house!!

20231212_110011.jpg

Checked to ensure all is connected properly and will defer my listening session until this evening after it's had a few hours to warm-up.
Sweet! But you're not even going to do a sneak listen? Yeah, right. You don't have the willpower. 🤣

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #132,791 of 152,606
Sweet! But you're not even going to do a sneak listen? Yeah, right. You don't have the willpower. 🤣

There's a difference between 'sneak listening' and a 'listening session'. I listened to one Dire Straits cut and then went on back to the home office to get some work done. This early in the process all I can say is that BF2/64 is a damn good DAC! We'll further see what I think after sufficient burn-in time has been given. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #132,792 of 152,606
There's a difference between 'sneak listening' and a 'listening session'. I listened to one Dire Straits cut and then went on back to the home office to get some work done. This early in the process all I can say is that BF2/64 is a damn good DAC! We'll further see what I think after sufficient burn-in time has been given. :wink:
It will be different, because you bought the Yggy GS2 ~~ and Fedex brought it to your house :)

Enjoy ~

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #132,793 of 152,606

20231212_110011.jpg

It appears that you have it in inverted phase and NOS mode. I suggest you change that.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #132,794 of 152,606
It appears that you have it in inverted phase and NOS mode. I suggest you change that.
Keen eye. I did after I took the pic and before running a test track. Thx.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #132,795 of 152,606

Users who are viewing this thread

Back