Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #132,766 of 152,610
Yggy GS2 is updated as OUT FOR DELIVERY by FedEx. I'll believe that when the driver knocks on the door asking for my signature and hands me the correct box. :rolling_eyes:
I hope you have some spinach handy. It’s heavier than you might think.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #132,767 of 152,610
No spinach, but I've been on a daily dose of Anabolic Steroids since I ordered the Yggy. I fear that I may burst into an uncontrollable rage if it is not delivered today, however. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #132,768 of 152,610
IIRC, there was once a day where FedEx was deemed superior to UPS. Those days seem to have faded far into the past. :unamused:
Over the years people have complained about poor service from UPS and FedEx. Their customer service departments finally recognized there was a problem and have initiated a joint solution. The merger will be named FedUp.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #132,769 of 152,610
This morning:

Alvino Johnson's Shuffle!
Al Kooper - Rekooperation
Sweet!

1702390823497.png

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #132,770 of 152,610
How dare you toy with my emotions, FedEx!? You tell me my Yggy GS2 is in Dallas and set for Delivery on 12/11, then at 6PM on the day I stayed home to sign for the shipment you set the status to DELAYED/PENDING!! Damn you, FedEx!! Damn you to HADES!! 😡

😭

That's standard FedEx service here in Canada too - endless unexplained delays. Sometimes they'll sit on the package for two days at one location with no explanation while insisting it isn't there.

My package once sat on the truck for over a week while the tracking info said they tried to deliver it everyday. Except I have security cameras. They never tried once.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #132,771 of 152,610
As a former college professor who taught Copyright law in the business school of San Jose State University, I must remind this august group that when you purchase music or video on any pre-recorded media including digital downloads, you never really "own" the content. What you've purchased is the limited use rights to the content and if the media is physical, the piece of plastic containing the material. The owner of the copyright can, in theory anyway, revoke those use rights at any time.

It's just that they are far, far, far less likely to take that sort of action with a CD or LP or whatever you've purchased than they are with a streaming service or radio station. And with streaming services they are much more likely to force them to offer lower-quality versions if they are not happy with the royalty payments they are receiving, regardless of what you think you have "paid for."

OK, ass-like professor attitude put back in the box where it belongs. :)

How are they going to take my Bandcamp purchase (alac download) from my mac mini hard drive?

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #132,772 of 152,610
How are they going to take my Bandcamp purchase (alac download) from my mac mini hard drive?

The same way that Amazon can delete any of your Kindle purchases from your hard drive.

:beerchug:
JC

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #132,776 of 152,610
I never said "they" are "going to take" anything. I just said they could, legally, if they chose to. But what I also said is it is much more likely that content owners can change, revoke, or limit what is being streamed than what was contained on physical media or downloaded (although in the Discovery video case I cited earlier, the company removed content from owner's PlayStations that they had downloaded. PlayStation is, admittedly, a different sort of OS from a typical PC, but nonetheless the content owner pulled downloaded content off user's devices without their knowledge.)

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #132,777 of 152,610
No spinach, but I've been on a daily dose of Anabolic Steroids since I ordered the Yggy. I fear that I may burst into an uncontrollable rage if it is not delivered today, however. :wink:
It's just agonizing...waiting for the Yggy GS2. I've got her spot all ready to go in the rack (is it a girl or guy?), and brought my Bifrost 2/64 into my work office already.
I ordered mine last Monday and it shipped Friday (expected FedEx arrival is Thursday).

The trick is, put the new piece of Schiit equipment into your Head-Fi signature BEFORE it arrives, and it will ship out that day.

Also, for those of you looking for a streamer, I have a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and have been very happy with it in the year or so I have owned it.

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #132,778 of 152,610
I never said "they" are "going to take" anything. I just said they could, legally, if they chose to. But what I also said is it is much more likely that content owners can change, revoke, or limit what is being streamed than what was contained on physical media or downloaded (although in the Discovery video case I cited earlier, the company removed content from owner's PlayStations that they had downloaded. PlayStation is, admittedly, a different sort of OS from a typical PC, but nonetheless the content owner pulled downloaded content off user's devices without their knowledge.)
Ah yes, the good ole DMCA.

I remember in the early days of ripping CDs the paranoia of the Feds grabbing your computer because it was technically illegal.

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #132,779 of 152,610

I remember in the early days of ripping CDs the paranoia of the Feds grabbing your computer because it was technically illegal.
Now I can upload any CD to Apple Music ...... HaHa ....

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #132,780 of 152,610

My personal paranoia includes that this is part of the reason for the rise of streaming. Easy revenue source without physical media overhead and content control at the whim of the publishing houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back