Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #130,606 of 154,975
So I found out a few days ago when I was diagnosed with a Thymoma :slight_frown:
Early stages so prognosis is very good, and should be just a surgical intervention.
Interestingly the surgeon will be using a "robot" to do the actual surgery that he will control. He is very proud of "his" robot.
I could just think of Luke getting his new hand in Star Wars
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #130,607 of 154,975
And although singers are always a little off centre (hence my nagging @Jason Stoddard for balance controls...
I'm with ya! He mentioned he hasn't heard a clear argument for inclusion of a balanced knob, but if you read his meanderings about the Loki, Lokius he's kinda making a point to have a balance knob.
Quotes from the website:
"Let’s face it. Is everything you listen to recorded perfectly? Of course not."
"Is everything you listen to recorded perfectly? Of course not. Some recordings aren’t great. And some speakers and headphones are a bit bright or a bit dark. Lokius lets you adjust for these imperfections. But more than that, you can make your system sound the way you want"

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #130,610 of 154,975
Exactly. Too bad we can't just get a discount on the headphones.
Not sure if they are the same, but Drop has the DCA Aeon X Closed and Open on sale at $429 each.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #130,611 of 154,975
The collaboration is more for those who are just getting into the hobby, and want a one and done solution. The cost of entry is the same as just getting the headphones or the dac/amp from a competing company. Also it is the holiday season, so I can see this selling well. The added benefit to them is that this may create more loyal customers going forward. I have let a few friends barrow my Asgard 3 + topping D50s + Dekoni Blue headphones, and it finally clicked (for them) why people would invest into good audio.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #130,612 of 154,975
Mom is 98 with dementia. I've been her caregiver for the last five years. Spotify plays in the background all day, but all my headphone gear is collecting dust.

I'm 73 myself and getting old is no fun. But it sure beats the alternative. 😉
Just out of surgery for 3 days, gall bladder is now OUT! Yeah!
That little sucker sure caused me some pain!!
Now for a few weeks of being nice and not lifting stuff..
Getting old is a pisser for sure, but like you said "it beats the alterntive!'
I was a cancer center docent volunteer and witnessed many folks in much worse positions than "I"...
So thankful I still can hear decently and love all this 'Schiit"...
On the road back here!!

:>)

Alex

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #130,614 of 154,975
Just out of surgery for 3 days, gall bladder is now OUT! Yeah!
That little sucker sure caused me some pain!!
Now for a few weeks of being nice and not lifting stuff..
Getting old is a pisser for sure, but like you said "it beats the alterntive!'
I was a cancer center docent volunteer and witnessed many folks in much worse positions than "I"...
So thankful I still can hear decently and love all this 'Schiit"...
In the road back here!!

:>)

Alex

Take care. Get well.

:beerchug:
JC

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #130,616 of 154,975
CD quality - Apple Music

Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 2.39.03 PM.png

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #130,617 of 154,975
Yggy MIB 75 hrs in, major high frequency tilt. Probably need the resistors for my Maggies for the first time. Ugh. Hate burn in.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #130,618 of 154,975
CD quality - Apple Music

Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 2.39.03 PM.png

That's going back almost half a century. Age appropriate for this thread! :) Great voice.

I've often thought, "Poor Jen, she lived her life in Linda Ronstadt's shadow."

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #130,619 of 154,975
That's going back almost half a century. Age appropriate for this thread! :) Great voice.

I've often thought, "Poor Jen, she lived her life in Linda Ronstadt's shadow."

It's a 2017 recording... and what's wrong with music of the past? Is the majority contemporary music better?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back