Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #123,766 of 151,996
My speculations
  1. 5-channel Gjallarhorn (no brainer, that), 5-channel Rekkr would be surprising.
  2. USB DDC (Eitr/Wyrd replacement). Hole in product line, now.
  3. Mini-Tyr (smaller choke, etc) as alternative to Vidar, 75W/ch. I'll take two, no, three in Ag!
  4. some sort of headphone DSP for getting the music out of one's head?
  5. Digital preamp with 3 USB, 2 each of the various S/PDIF inputs, one USB out and one coax out. BNC for extra credit!
  6. A MB Fulla !

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #123,768 of 151,996
It’s funny that you mention that. I just saw Paul McGowan’s recent video saying the same thing. My space is a little tight but I can make at least one wall non parallel. I have to tear out all of those studs and start over.
A lot of standing wave activity is eliminated when the walls are not parallel. That's why spaces designed for good acoustics use curves and such. If you can do it at home the result will be worthwhile. :smile_cat:

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #123,769 of 151,996
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #123,770 of 151,996
Since the original Gungnir was an over-the-top take on a delta-sigma design, it would be kind of cool to see it come back again as a delta-sigma design. After all, you can get either delta-sigma or multibit in a Schiit 5- or 9-inch footprint, while the 16-inch footprint is currently reserved only for multibit.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #123,772 of 151,996
Frost?
You're lucky, we're having a heatwave here! :sunglasses:
And AI never sleeps.
The last few days here have been amazing, low seventies with Finnegan trying to wake me early so I go outside with him. I have to keep an eye on him so he does not pillage the neighborhood. F2DB205E-9025-4F0B-90A9-E934A3229254.jpeg

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #123,773 of 151,996
My guesses; Folkvangr is back! But this time, it's personal.

-Folkvangr Max, a 50w power amp monoblock/space heater
-Folkvangr OG; like the McRib, it's back by popular demand and simultaneously on a farewell tour
-Folkvangr Manius; the pure tube super phono pre you've always wanted, now with more heat!
-Folkvangr Mini: a mini Folkvangr in a Valhalla chasis for all your desktop size OTL/OCL needs

More wishes than predictions, but I may as well throw it out there. You can't win the lotto if you don't buy a ticket.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #123,776 of 151,996
Buzzed ramble ahead.....

So I like live recordings that are recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Every recording I have heard from that venue have been well done and enjoyable to listen to, even if its an artist or genre I am not familiar with or generally a fan of. Tonight on Qobuz I queued up Steven Wilson - Home Invasion: In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (Live)

I have not listened to any of his stuff for more then 5 minutes prior to this evening, but have always enjoyed his remixes/remasters of classic albums.

I don't know what his studio albums are like, but the last two and a half hours have been incredible. Bourbon, Beer, Tunes make even late night work sessions enjoyable.

I particularly laughed & lamented at one of his lines from the Sound of Muzak "....the music of the future will not entertain, it is only meant to regress and neutralize your brain...."

I feel like that hits closer to reality than I am comfortable with...

At any rate it made me appreciate what this hobby has done for me the last 5 years... I have made a small group of good friends through audio, and I have had the pleasure to talk to them at length outside of head-fi, and learned a great deal over wide ranging topics

Same with all of my head-fi/schiit happens friends. Its quite nice to have a corner of the web to discuss & learn random and not so random stuff

Might as well enjoy the music as well as I can before my mind goes to mush.... Looking forward to MJ3

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #123,778 of 151,996
Buzzed ramble ahead.....

So I like live recordings that are recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Every recording I have heard from that venue have been well done and enjoyable to listen to, even if its an artist or genre I am not familiar with or generally a fan of. Tonight on Qobuz I queued up Steven Wilson - Home Invasion: In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (Live)

I have not listened to any of his stuff for more then 5 minutes prior to this evening, but have always enjoyed his remixes/remasters of classic albums.

I don't know what his studio albums are like, but the last two and a half hours have been incredible. Bourbon, Beer, Tunes make even late night work sessions enjoyable.

I particularly laughed & lamented at one of his lines from the Sound of Muzak "....the music of the future will not entertain, it is only meant to regress and neutralize your brain...."

At any rate it made me appreciate what this hobby has done for me the last 5 years... I have made a small group of good friends through audio, and I have had the pleasure to talk to them at length outside of head-fi, and learned a great deal over wide ranging topics

Same with all of my head-fi/schiit happens friends. Its quite nice to have a corner of the web to discuss & learn random and not so random stuff

Might as well enjoy the music as well as I can before my mind goes to mush.... Looking forward to MJ3

Thoughts on The Killers live recording at Royal Albert Hall? Best sounding via Apple imho.

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #123,780 of 151,996
Buzzed ramble ahead.....

Try this one ....
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Def not everyone's cup of tea, but again Royal Albert delivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back