Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #123,408 of 155,096
I believe that's exactly what he means and I'm all for it, too. I don't want remotes with more buttons, just devices that respond to more than stepping sequentially forwards and backwards. We'd use universal remotes or personal projects to take advantage of that capability.
If they could just upgrade firmware to allow it then folks could program a universal remote. No need for a new remote.

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #123,409 of 155,096
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #123,410 of 155,096
I thought it was a Kraftwerk review.

Seriously tho, and I’m putting on my Schiit fan-boi hat here, I’d have preferred to have seen Darko compare the Viking CD player to Urd+Yggy (OG). The Schiit combo would be $3998 which, to me, would be more of an apples to apples comparison. Whatev, his channel his choice.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #123,411 of 155,096
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #123,412 of 155,096
IMG_2491.jpeg
Man, I'm getting reminded of why I loved the Asgard OG so much. I'm enjoying it now with the LCD-X 2021.

It's an imaging monster. I've been holding back tears of musical joy as it makes these (boring to me) headphones sound incredible. 0900 on the volume knob is enough to make them sing.

Jason, thanks for being such a boss and running your company like you do. You keep the bar high. I only paid $54 for this amp on eBay, but it's my favorite by far and it pained me seeing it dead for these last years. I missed it a lot!

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #123,414 of 155,096
Some new tech is getting a talking to! It should have read "unplanned release of magic smoke"
Hah. Gladly the smoke it puffed was nothing. It was the loud pop and the flash of sparks that did me dirty. Just as I was about to plug the headphones, one of the Aeon X, it blew up loudly. Thank God I took my time walking up to the amp. 😄

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #123,415 of 155,096
IMG_2491.jpeg Man, I'm getting reminded of why I loved the Asgard OG so much. I'm enjoying it now with the LCD-X 2021.

It's an imaging monster. I've been holding back tears of musical joy as it makes these (boring to me) headphones sound incredible. 0900 on the volume knob is enough to make them sing.

Jason, thanks for being such a boss and running your company like you do. You keep the bar high. I only paid $54 for this amp on eBay, but it's my favorite by far and it pained me seeing it dead for these last years. I missed it a lot

Pair that amp with Modi Multibit or Bifrost MB or Bifrost 2 and you will really be singing to the heavens... New or used, they all good....

I've got an Asgard 2 that I bought used a few years ago. Its a great piece of kit. Part of my never let you go collection.. As is the Bifrost 2 it rests upon.

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #123,417 of 155,096
Lol now around here I would consider a woman say age 18-22 a young woman or young adult. Down in your neck of the woods it is probably 14-18 and after that they are a spinster.😂😂
Down here they've already had 4 kids by that age. Marriage optional. 🤣 🤣

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #123,418 of 155,096
I could make a rack for those. How about this, I send a card stating I will build a two level rack using hardwoods for any size Schiit gear. My personal IOU at no charge whatsoever. Maybe something with a little color or more neutral tones. I might even work with the winner on certain wood types, within reason. If @bcowen shows up and wins he gets what he gets.🤪🤪🤪
Here's an idea:

Schiit Rack Rev A 1.jpg

Oh, wait. That was already your idea. Nevermind. 🤣

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #123,419 of 155,096
IMG_2491.jpeg Man, I'm getting reminded of why I loved the Asgard OG so much. I'm enjoying it now with the LCD-X 2021.

Jason, thanks for being such a boss and running your company like you do. You keep the bar high. I only paid $54 for this amp on eBay, but it's my favorite by far and it pained me seeing it dead for these last years. I missed it a lot!
I sold my Asgard 2 to a friend and kind of regret it. I miss that little coffee cup warmer.

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #123,420 of 155,096

My OG Asgard is among my most cherished pieces of Schiit. And I own a lot of Schiit, so that's saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back