Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 27, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #122,448 of 153,433
Yep, I'm up for the meet. I'll be in on Saturday before noon, and there until the end.

We're also sending a first article Mjolnir 3, if anyone else needs an excuse to attend. This means "actual metal, PCB from the approved first articles from the assemblers."
Jason, I've searched and I'm sorry if I missed it but did you ever say how much you planned to ask for the Mjolnir 3?
Thanks.
Nevermind, I found it.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #122,449 of 153,433
Excuse the squarish shape and lack of giant bubbles (spelt doesn't work entirely the same as wheat), but...this is what we usually do for pizza at our house:

IMG_2054.jpg

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 27, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #122,451 of 153,433
The only fruit I like on any pizza is tomato... wait, is olive a fruit? If so then those too.
Bell Peppers?
Excuse the squarish shape and lack of giant bubbles (spelt doesn't work entirely the same as wheat), but...this is what we usually do for pizza at our house:

IMG_2054.jpg
1690495838876.png

This is home made Pizza at my house. I do not care for pineapple on Pizza, I only suggested it to stir the schiit.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #122,455 of 153,433
When you're designing a convective heatsink, dark colors are preferred because black surfaces will radiate heat better than silver surfaces. YMMV, but the Google tells me that black surfaces are ~3% to 8% more effective in dumping heat than silver surfaces (e.g., bare or clear-anodized aluminum). That little pup must be runnin' hot. <g>

Take a look at Vidar or Aegir or Tyr's heat-sinks; regardless of case color, they are black anodized.

This being stated, the heat sinks on the backs of my REL T/9 subs are silver and they never get any more than slightly warm. I think I need to turn it up a bit...
When I worked for Rockford Fosgate they painted their amps black to survive temperatures in Tempe Arizona in the trunk of a car during summer!

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #122,456 of 153,433
My favorite pizza can only be found in Milwaukee. By a little Italian restaurant that’s so old school they only recently got a website.
IMG_3595.jpeg
No photo of it myself so have one from their Google listing, but best pizza a found in Detroit Downriver was in a Racquet ball club - one brother ran the restaurant, one ran the sports side.

1690499600009.png

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #122,457 of 153,433
Apologizes, but Ham and Pineapple pizza is what I grew up with in Vancouver and I like it - not gonna argue it is the best, but to each their own.

Answer me this though... what kinda saddist doesn't put cheese on Pizza (unless absolutely a dietary restriction of course)

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #122,458 of 153,433
Pineapple is great on American pizzas not on Italian ones.
POINT OF ORDER, MR. SPEAKER! Pineapple on pizza was invented in Canada. In Chatham, Ontario, to be precise, by Sam Panopolous. For this, I apologize on behalf of the country of Canada and all Canadians (except those who actually like pineapple on their pizzas). While I'm here, I'll also apologize for Nickelback. I will not apologize for poutine, maple syrup, or the vocal styling of Geddy Lee in the early years of Rush (though, to be honest, I should).

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #122,459 of 153,433
POINT OF ORDER, MR. SPEAKER! Pineapple on pizza was invented in Canada. In Chatham, Ontario, to be precise, by Sam Panopolous. For this, I apologize on behalf of the country of Canada and all Canadians (except those who actually like pineapple on their pizzas). While I'm here, I'll also apologize for Nickelback. I will not apologize for poutine, maple syrup, or the vocal styling of Geddy Lee in the early years of Rush (though, to be honest, I should).
THIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back