Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #121,126 of 151,562
A reversion to the earlier line of posts about the Citroen DS. Flipping through TV channels, I came across this from Back to the Future II.
How is it no one posted it? :smile:
Back-to-the-Future-II-DS-Taxi-side.jpg
That hurts my heart 💔

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #121,127 of 151,562
A reversion to the earlier line of posts about the Citroen DS. Flipping through TV channels, I came across this from Back to the Future II.
How is it no one posted it? :smile:
Back-to-the-Future-II-DS-Taxi-side.jpg
Because it is an abomination!? :rolling_eyes:

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #121,128 of 151,562
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Synchronicity II......The Police

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #121,129 of 151,562
Go for tomorrow!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 12, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #121,132 of 151,562
Ok, stipulating I am lazy and don’t want to dig through this or similar forums…I need some headphone advice… and I am not a headphone guy.

1) The only time I use headphones is on airplanes.

2) I travel 2-3 weeks a month.

3) I hate in-ear monitors/ear buds. I can use them at the gym, but anything longer than a workout makes me physically uncomfortable.

4) I’m locked into the iOS infrastructure for in-flight listening.

5) I don’t want to buy something else (either a DAC dongle or headphones) I need to remember to charge.

6) My use case for headphones is music previously downloaded to an older iPad (3.5mm jack) or lightning connector iPhone (I have the apple dongle) or inflight entertainment on same devices or through the onboard entertainment (also 3.5mm).

7) I currently use a cheap pair of closed back Sony cans that were price-matched at an airport shop for something like $10.

These are the ones, I think.

8) They are fine, but they’re not loud enough to overcome the ambient noise of the plane in quiet passages of music or film. Watched a movie on the iPad this week on a flight and really struggled with quiet dialogue.

9) With a sub $100 budget, is there a better option than my cheapo Sony headphones?

10) I wear glasses, if that’s relevant.
So tell me I made a good choice. Please.

Prime Day deal on the Anker Soundcore Life Q30 for $59.

Wireless, which I didn’t want, but seemingly average + ANC, decent battery life, corded operation for when I inevitably forget to charge before a long flight, a carrying case and easily EQable via the Soundcore app, if I find them too bass forward (I’m going to find them too bass forward).

I don’t need this to be the ultimate in HiFi sound. I like anticipating coming home to my 2.1 channel system, and I just need these to be ‘good enough’ to make the time in air pass pleasantly….

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #121,133 of 151,562
If you enjoy them... you got a terrific deal.. enjoy a low risk purchase.

I went with the Wiim Pro after it was mentioned her.

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #121,135 of 151,562
If you enjoy them... you got a terrific deal.. enjoy a low risk purchase.

I went with the Wiim Pro after it was mentioned her.
Almost bought one but because we’re locked into the Apple Ecosystem for a few reasons, and airplay doesn’t support high-res lossless, I’m still passing. If I was a Spotify subscriber and could use Spotify connect? No brainer.

Now could I actually hear the difference? Probably not.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #121,136 of 151,562
We're radial, and we're 'only' 120V (114-126V RMS) at 60Hz. The best investment I've made in my audio system (verified by others, not me) is this little 90 lb. paperweight:

...and yeah, it's a bit dusty back there... gotta add that cleaning task to my list. A side benefit of having this monster in the rack is that it anchors the turntable platform securely to the floor <g>.

Adding the Furman dropped the overall system noise floor to inaudibility, with my ear one foot away from the speaker, with no input and the preamp set to 0db.
I am a strong proponent of power conditioning. If money grew on trees, I'd buy a Stromtank. But that would be just pure (German) overkill. :sunglasses:
that's a lusty lump of lusciousness - the main point ( and as you note there is an issue with mains noise ) , is that the UK and US have fundamentally different mains delivery and what creates a problem in one country may be worse/ better and respond to cables, filters and conditioners in different ways . My issue is keeping mains borne RF out of my setup as it really squishes the openness and depth of the performance -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back